We are excited to announce a new Material Planner position on our Technology Innovation and Material Management team in the Reston, VA or Springfield, VA locations!
This person will be responsible for supporting the material acquisition plans for the Leidos Intelligence Business Line. This position will work with a Program Manager and Associate Director in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish. The successful candidate will be interfacing with Vendors, Logistics, Receiving, and Strategic Sourcing to ensure program milestones are met.
Primary Role and Responsibilities:
Works with Program team to ensure a streamlined procurement process of Software against program requirements to include using a credit card for micro purchases. Ensures software as a service, perpetual licensing and licenses acquired within the cloud environment is managed according to established regulatory guidance
Works with programs in generating material requirements and providing the necessary support of acquisition plans from start to finish.
Maintains reports and monitors material movement throughout manufacturing and inventory sequences.
Coordinates forecasts, workload, expediting, and acquisition priority with commodity/category team leadership.
Provides advice to programs as to proper routes to take that will be to the greatest benefit of the program.
Analyzes material requirements for leveraging opportunities, supplier recommendations, acquisition planning
Engages supply chain (vendor to manufacturing) to determine optimal acquisition strategy.
Manages production and delivery schedules.
Required Education, Skills, and Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's degree and 4+ years prior relevant experience or a Master’s degree and 2+. Candidates with experience in procurement AND/OR a combination of certifications, training, education, or military experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
- MUST possess a Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph for consideration. This requires US Citizenship.
- Buying experience and/or Supply Chain Management experience in the government contracting environment
- Microsoft Office knowledge and skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Good organization and communication skills
- Intermediate Excel experience (Pivot Tables, Charts, v-Lookups, Bar Charts)
- Experience using IBM Maximo and Deltek Costpoint
- MRP knowledge or experience
- Knowledge and experience in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) requirements for price and source justification requirements at appropriate levels for purchasing card orders