The Mission Solutions Operation of Leidos is seeking a Software Engineer to join mission focused project team. The work will include creating Amazon Web Services (AWS)-based resources; writing, testing, and debugging custom application code; administering database services; and performing data cleaning, formatting, and other forms of data management. The selected candidate shall apply an agile approach to software development consistent with the Customer’s project management and software development frameworks with a focus on demonstrating and delivering releasable software every iteration. Other duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Create and maintain JWICS-accessible resources within the Amazon Web Services (AWS) Cloud environment
- Ensure all security vulnerabilities are addressed as appropriate by severity and maintain security accreditation, including maintaining plan of action for vulnerability remediation
- Maintain all source code in Sponsor-wide, remote Git repository
- Apply industry best practices (such as, but not specifically Test Driven Development) for ensuring custom application code is comprehensively tested
- Administer and maintain relational and non-relational transactional database systems within the application security boundary
- Perform data cleaning and formatting for ingested data ensuring they meet quality and content management standards
- Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of relevant experience. Work experience can be used/combined with education
- Demonstrated experience building and maintaining cloud based platforms
- Demonstrated experience administering, securing, and scaling AWS EC2 resources consisting of CentOS/Linux servers with some configured as MySQL database servers
- Demonstrated experience developing software in a DevSecOps environment
- Demonstrated experience with modern system architecture patterns, such as event-driven, microservices and MVC architectures
- Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining applications using Ruby on Rails with Apache Solr
- Demonstrated experience with Angular, React, or Vue.js
- Demonstrated experience with D3.js or OpenLayers 3
- Demonstrated experience maintaining Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) pipelines with automated testing and deployment
- Demonstrated experience using Git as a source code repository
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.