You can have a positive impact on the scientific community!
The Leidos Life Sciences Operation of the Health Group is seeking a Biomedical Life Scientist who will provide scientific, meeting and technical support to the Congressionally Directed Medical Research Programs (CDMRP) in Frederick, Maryland. This is NOT a laboratory research position.
The CDMRP is a leading funder of research projects across a broad range of medical fields and military health. The Leidos Biomedical Life Scientist will work across a diverse variety of research programs in support of the CDMRP’s goal to transform healthcare through innovative and impactful research.
- Leidos Life promotes excellent work-life balance. You can make an impact and have time for your well-being.
- This position is eligible for partial remote work and a flexible work schedule.
- Leidos offers many opportunities for career development and advancement within the Life Sciences Group and beyond.
- Be a part of a large, dynamic workforce with a broad range of scientific expertise
- Planning and execution of a variety of scientific meetings
- Recruitment of scientists, clinicians and consumer advocates to participate in scientific meetings
- Development and tracking of schedules for tasks and deliverables
- Providing scientific notetaking support by recording critical information from scientific meetings and writing comprehensive meeting reports
- Drafting scientific materials, including research highlights, meeting summaries, and funding opportunities
- Conducting analyses of funding portfolio data and research outcomes and assembling data to prepare tables, graphs, and slides
Successful candidates will possess:
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Strong scientific writing skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience using IT data management systems
- This position requires a U.S. citizen in order to obtain a U.S. Department of Defense Public Trust security clearance.
- Some local travel within the Washington DC/Baltimore area is required.
A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in biology, life sciences, or a related discipline, with 1-2 years related experience is desired.
Pay Range:Pay Range $60,450.00 - $93,000.00 - $125,550.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.