The Leidos Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) organization is seeking a motivated and talented Lead Data Collection Specialist to join our data science team and participate in the gathering and initial analysis of the data required for research and development of automated security solutions. Your efforts will be instrumental to the research and development of computer vision, image processing, machine learning, and other algorithms leveraging sensor data to advance the capabilities of our real-time airport personnel and baggage scanning products.
- Contribute to a team that is pushing the envelope in object detection and image processing capabilities to improve the overall state of real-time decision processes in security screening systems fielded across the world
- Lead and assist in data collection projects
- Partition and organize x-ray image directories for necessary truthing and/or bag analysis
- Design and schedule data collections with team; create collection run plans and
- Schedule machine availability with respect to necessary data collections
- Interface with the algorithms team to transition novel capabilities into production.
- Requires occasional travel (10-20%), domestic or international
- One (1) year of experience and a BA/BS degree (preferably in a technical field)
- Experience in Linux operating system and basic shell commands
- Experience in Microsoft excel and standard computer operations
- Ability to appropriately delegate and prioritize project work to 2-3 technicians
- Able to report and forecast project deadlines and issues to be communicated to directors and engineering leads
- Understands the importance of data preservation and server space conservation
- Knowledge of data formatting, storage and partitioning on external hardware and servers
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, resourcefulness, and quick thinking when confronted with immediate issues or new priorities
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOD Secret level clearance and SSI clearance.
- Must be comfortable lifting up to 40lbs.
- Comfortable traveling nationally and internationally for data collection needs
- Able to communicate effectively and appropriately to work with potential/current vendors and customers
- Basic knowledge of machine learning/AI training process and the impact of data consumed for said training
- Intermediate skills in Linux shell commands and scripting (potentially has experience in R and/or Python) for cleaning, parsing, and organizing data onto server
- Knowledge of fundamental chemistry, statistics and x-ray physics
- Acquainted with excel macros
- Knowledge of basic shell scripting (bash, etc.)
- Current US secret security clearance
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.