Leidos currently has an opening for an Assistant Facility Security Officer to work in our sunny San Diego, CA office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping Leidos make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. In this mission, you will serve as the Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO). This position requires expertise in all disciplines of the industrial security field. This position will be required to interface with all levels of department, division and government management, personnel and maintain the skills to cultivate relationships for optimal contract security performance.
In addition, the position is responsible to provide security oversight and guidance to NATO programs. This position will report directly to the Facility Security Officer. In addition to expertise in all disciplines of the security field, the successful candidate will possess an extensive breadth of demonstrated business, financial, and management skills, knowledge, and abilities to ensure maximum effectiveness. Interface with all levels of corporate and government management personnel. Expectation of a confident demeanor and able to make critical security decisions for dynamic programs that support high value contracts. Be able to drive constructive change within the organization. Must possess strong leadership skills and the ability to effectively communicate both verbal and written.
The AFSO is responsible for implementing the industrial security program and ensuring company and customer security requirements are met.
• The successful candidate will interface with all levels of Leidos personnel and government management personnel to ensure contract security compliance with National Industrial Security Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Manual 5205.07, Contract Security Classification Specification (DD254) and Program Classification Guides.
• The candidate will be required to perform self-inspections, participate in government telephonic and in-person reviews and inspections. Produce finished documentation; e.g., reports, special studies, policy and procedure development, security designs, training programs and assessments. Maintain data compliance in multiple DISS accounts. Responsible for maintaining security program compliance to include managing NISS facility profiles, submitting changed conditions packages, FCL Sponsorship packages, and responding to FCL packages
• The AFSO must possess the confidence to make critical security decisions concerning high value contracts and to implement security procedures that will prevent unauthorized access to company and government facilities or information. Take independent action when warranted or in the absence of the FSO. Bring security risks to the attention of the FSO and Program Managers.
• Provide clear guidance to company employees, and recommend modifications to operations policies or procedures as appropriate. Provide research and technical support to projects, produces solutions and documentation, and monitors project tasks and schedules. Work as a team player, demonstrate flexibility, and excellent organizational skills.
• Management of COMSEC related duties and responsibilities under NSA CSS 3-16 and AR 380-40.
• Demonstrate leadership and decision-making ability within the scope of the position. Exhibit mentoring, team building and coaching ability.
• Assist with Proposal Writing and Contract Closeouts.
• High School with 3-5 years of professional experience
• Demonstrated success as an Assistant Facility Security Officer (AFSO) or equivalent position
• Thorough working knowledge of the NISPOM, other relevant DoD security guidance as well as the Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) standards Strong working knowledge of JPAS, DISS, SWIFT, NISS, and e-QIP.
• Experience in processing SF-86, SF-312, Security Investigations and Periodic Reinvestigations
• Working knowledge of Insider Threat Program (training and preferably experience with managing/supporting such programs)
• Experience conducting Security incident inquiries and writing investigation reports
• Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects, organize and prioritize numerous tasks
• Commitment to security - creating and delivering the highest value to customers
• Strong understanding of Physical Security requirements to include collateral Closed and Restricted Areas.
• Experience creating and conducting initial security briefings, debriefings, indoctrinations, pre/post foreign travel briefings and refresher briefings.
• Ability to develop and establish an effective security awareness, training, and education program. Assist in executing the requirements set forth in the Technology Control Plan (TCP) for foreign visitors.
• Excellent customer service skills and strong professional demeanor and interpersonal skills. Desire to be an active contributor in the success of the mission.
• Ability to work independently, juggle competing workloads and demands, and adapt to changing priorities with a sense of urgency in a dynamic environment.
• Candidates must possess an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a Top Secret and meet eligibility requirements for access.
• Must have or be able to obtain STEPP/DCSA required FSO, JPAS/DISS, and Insider Threat training
• COMSEC experience preferred. Must have COMSEC Custodian certificate or be able to attend and complete IAEC-2112 COMSEC Training Course six months after being appointed as Alternate COMSEC Account Manager
• Industrial Security Professional (ISP) Certification
• Experience developing and implementing OPSEC plans
• Knowledge of Access Control and Intrusion Detection Systems
• Resourceful in solving problem and continuous improvement
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.