Leidos is hiring an Administrative Assistant to support Department of Energy (DOE) through the Research Support Services (RSS) contract at the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL). This position is responsible for providing administrative support to wide range or tasks within the RSS contract work which involves supporting the computer scientists that produces technological solutions for America’s energy challenges. This could range from helping to support developing creative innovations and efficient energy systems, to advancing technologies that enhance oil and natural gas extraction and transmission processes, NETL research is providing breakthroughs and discoveries that support home-grown energy initiatives, stimulate a growing economy, and improve the health, safety, and security of all Americans. Come be apart of our team.
Location: Morgantown, WV - client site
Primary Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Prepare and send out purchase requisitions for software, supplies, equipment, and subcontracts (through our PR process, AMP for subcontracts, and STRIPES)
- Shipping and receiving in the warehouse
- Monitors and maintains office supply inventory
- Prepare and edit forms in Adobe
- Purchases under 10k with corporate credit card
- Credit card reconciliation
- Enter Rights in Data requests and Notice of Intents for presentations, manuscripts, presentations, and posters
- Onboarding and offboarding of staff
- Property management
- Travel administration
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional time management and problem-solving skills
- Prior experience with purchasing and/or excel preferred
- Ability to learn and work with many different programs and databases
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively communicate via phone and email ensuring that all Administrative Assistant duties are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- High school diploma with 3+ years of applicable experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point (create and edit), Adobe, Internet Explorer, and Sharepoint.
- Shipping and receiving in the warehouse (be able to lift 25lbs)
- Associates degree or higher
- Experience with programs such as Cognos Analytics, Costpoint, Services Purchase Orders (SPO), and Non-Purchase Order (NPO).
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.