Are you looking to make a difference? Leidos in San Diego, CA is looking for a SecDevOps Technical Lead to join our team supporting our Intelligence Organization.
Leidos ranks as a top industry leader for its high performance and high reliability ensuring priority of our nation’s safety. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter.
We welcome all those who have big ideas, crave innovation and have the passion to bring the warfighter home safe. With a 9/80 schedule, and every other Friday off, our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. This is your chance to join a dynamic team working across multiple disciplines with opportunities to further expand your knowledge and grow your career.
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come join our mission!
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
By joining our team as the SecDevOps Technical Lead you will work collaboratively with the software engineering team to deploy and operate systems; design and implement cloud solutions for our stakeholders;
help automate and streamline operations / processes; build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations; and troubleshoot and resolve issues in development, test, and production environments.
The selected candidate will leverage their skills to provide their expertise in infrastructure provisioning and configuration and software deployment across the software development lifecycle. The candidate will also guide the definition, implementation, and delivery of capability focused on Cybersecurity and Information Assurance domains. As the SecDevOps Technical Lead you will also be responsible with overseeing the day-to-day operation of various engineering solutions and managing the SecDevOps team.
Position Responsibilities Will Include:
- Design, test and deploy technical solutions that are innovative and leverage new technologies to help modernize the program.
- Support the development life cycle of platform architectural design, deployment and debugging.
- Building a release pipeline to enable fast, but safe delivery of critical business software to Production.
- Develop & Maintain sound version control best practices-based CM systems (GIT), including branching and merging strategies.
- Ability to automate release deployments across development, test, staging, Quality Assurance and production stacks using a combination of scripting languages and other automation toolkits.
- Maintain / upgrade / patch tracking and documentation software.
- Create, Assist, and/or Implement design and maintenance web service infrastructure and deployments.
- Identify processes and capabilities that can be streamlined and automated.
- Leverage programming Languages such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and Java (U)
- Architect and develop best practices for software build tools.
- Troubleshoot technical issues to establish the root cause of problems and form a solution or workaround across a range of environments.
- Create knowledge base articles and other documentation to assist customers.
What you will like about this position…
- Being part of an amazing team of professionals all passionate about the vision of the product suite and the positive impact it provides to our many customers.
- Implementing a wide variety of technologies and the use of powerful industry-standard development tools and practices.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, or a related field with at least 12 years of related experience or a Master’s Degree with at least 10 years of relevant experience. Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experienced with building, deploying, managing, and operating cloud solutions.
- Experience with software release management practices, tools and automation.
- Familiarity with Amazon Cloud Services and managing AWS frameworks using infrastructure as code (IaC) with Terraform and CloudFormation.
- Network Skills - Understanding of networking design concepts and TCP/IP
- Knowledge of information assurance compliance and information security.
- Previous experience in Administration and Operations roles.
- Experience with assessing risk of technical solution paths.
- Responsible for coaching and reviewing the work of lower-level technical staff.
- Ability to support program execution in classified environments.
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment, and possess time management skills to meet schedules and deadlines.
Desired Qualifications (some subset of the following):
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator is desirable.
- Comfortable in an iterative environment, experience with Agile/Scrum based initiatives.
DoD 8570 approved security certification (i.e., Security +) (Will be required 90 days after hire).
The right candidate will exhibit the following:
· Quality - demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail at all times; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
· Technical Skills - Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
· Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities and takes ownership of tasks at hand; Takes independent actions and calculated risks; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
· Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
· Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
· Innovation - Displays original thinking and creativity; Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Develops innovative approaches and ideas; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
· Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.