The Leidos Innovations Center has immediate openings for Software Engineers to develop systems using for Graphics Processing Units at our San Diego office. We specialize in developing scientific and embedded systems that apply advanced signal processing, image processing, and machine learning algorithms to important national defense problems.
In this position you will work with teams of experienced engineers and scientists to apply your expertise and creativity to develop efficient GPU implementations of complex algorithms. In this role you will have the opportunity take a leadership role in developing a system that uses graphics processing units to meet project objectives.
This is a full time position located is San Diego, CA with up to 25% telework.
- Lead the development of GPU-based systems that require advanced signal processing and machine learning algorithms in collaboration with project engineers and scientists.
- Analyze system requirements and participate in system design.
- Recommend, enhance, and optimize algorithms for translation into GPU solutions.
- Develop optimized GPU software for high processing efficiency, high throughput, and robust performance on advanced hardware platforms.
- Solve problems and integrate software to meet end-to-end system objectives.
- Plan and conduct acceptance and field tests for developed systems.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively project team and customers.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s Degree with 6+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience developing software that uses GPUs in scientific, signal processing, or machine learning applications.
- Demonstrated experience leading a software development or research teams that developed and optimized graphics processor code to meet system objectives.
- Understanding of fundamental concepts used in signal processing, detection, estimation, classification, and machine learning.
- Current US citizenship
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Programming experience with Cuda, OpenCL, C/C++, Matlab, Python.
- Understanding of latest GPU hardware capabilities and memory architectures.
- Experience with Machine Learning concepts and frameworks.
- Familiarity with parallel and real-time computing concepts.
- Experience leading a software development team in all aspects of the development process (requirements through deployment).
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.