Ready for change? Why not change with Leidos as our IT Service Manager to support a critical National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC) program that brings Document Exploitation (DOMEX) to the Intelligence Community (IC) using the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) working in either Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA.
As the Service Manager, you will support a variety of infrastructure management activities and practices with a team of about 100+ highly motivated, technical individuals who work in a collegial, collaborative work environment. The Service Manager will manage and lead a team responsible for building and maintaining the infrastructure, software and micro-services system deployment of the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P). D3P is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that provides data discovery with cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Your key role is leading and coordinating multiple teams’ tasks and staff to ensure all the requirements are fulfilled in a timely manner for successful deployment and maintenance of the system as well as ensuring the deployed system meets customer’s expectations. In addition, you would contribute to the formulation of strategic technology direction across all areas of responsibility, as well as delivering all infrastructure, application and end user operational services across our customer agency and partners. As the leader for IT Operations, you would define how the underlying technologies are delivered, bringing technical capability, features, self-contained product and value-added mindset.
Fun stuff you will be doing on the job:
• Provide all customer-facing aspects for Platform IT Operations across multiple development, test, integration, and production environments, including a worldwide service desk, major incident management, day-to-day operational support, and end-to-end customer relationship management. Includes all service management capabilities to ensure IT Operations is meeting platform service requirements across the system.
• Collaborate with Agile Development and Integration teams to ensure infrastructure requirements and deliverables are in alignment with Agile Program Increment feature development/release schedules.
• Be responsible for the maintenance and operational performance of platform IT-managed applications once they have been placed in production.
• Ensure the recovery time of a platform outage is minimized to prevent negative business impact and improve system availability.
• Improve resiliency of the application operational environment through effective agile development participation and root cause analysis and resolution, to reduce the number of application/features/capabilities outages over time, and ultimately be able to prevent outages and/or correct them before felt by the business.
• Oversee the critical functions of the operational environment management, from hardware to middleware to features/functions/application services to end-point design.
• Provide a diverse set of infrastructure services including data center operations, cloud operations, database management, backup & storage, etc.
• Maintain critical relationships with managed service providers such as Elastic, VMWare, and others to enable delivery of services to our end customers.
• Develop relationships with external clients and organizations to assess their technology, support, and security needs
• Offer innovative solutions that meet clients’ needs while remaining cost effective and help with process improvements
• Ensure successful operation of current technologies while determining future operational technologies that will improve stability and scalability.
• Manage projects by creating timelines, adhering to budgets, and assigning staff members
• Track progress against the plan and create metrics
• Create reports for top management of system overview, performance, upcoming features, etc.
• Responsible for the end-to-end lifecycle of services from procurement through decommissioning, as well as cost transparency across IT Operations products and services.
• Ensure there is continual improvement in the efficiency & effectiveness of the entire organization through performance dashboards.
• Provide technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology.
• Work as communicator, and collaborator in a multi project, multi contractor environment.
• Identify and communicate risks in a timely manner
This is you:
• A Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a closely related discipline with at least 15 years of relevant professional experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
• Active TS with potential to obtain a TS/SCI with Polygraph clearance
• At least 10 years of experience with customer service management
• At least 10 years of experience within a data center environment
• At least 10 years of experience managing high performance teams including functional leads/managers to deliver software solutions
• ITIL Certification. Experience with ITIL service management processes and tools
• Experience with Physical, Cloud, and Hybrid Architectures
• At least 5 years’ experience with planning installing, configuring, and testing, hardware OS software configurations supporting virtual machines and containers.
• Experience with creating presentations, reports and metrics
• Expertise in managing transaction workflow and messaging middleware solutions, including queues, messaging middleware, and other types of connectivity software that control message queues or transaction flows
• Experience with creating and tracking plans
• Experience with CI/CD and DevOpsSec
• Experience establishing, maintaining, and communicating Application Programming Interface (API) standards for accessing transaction and messaging services
• Experience designing and deploying platforms for the processing (extracting and carving), transport, storage, search, exploiting, and sharing of "big data" using physical computing resources (i.e. network, compute, storage) composed of clusters of commodity hardware to support "shared nothing architectures" (e.g. Hadoop)
• Experience with Service Level Management tools such as Remedy, LoadRunner, etc.
• CompTIA Security+ Certification
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
You will wow us even more, if you have these skills:
• Experience with Agile frameworks, especially SAFe Certification.
• Experience with deploying and configuring solutions to provide and manage access to physical, virtual, and cloud-based computing resources through software abstractions for resource allocation, access control, and usage monitoring, including hierarchical resource managers (e.g. Apache), software containers, software container orchestration engines (Kubernetes and Marathon), virtual machines, remote desktops, and virtual private networks.
• At least 8 years of Linux environment experience including experience with shell scripting, networking, storage and release management.
• Experience with virtualization and container platform known error and bug lists.
• Experience with at least one development language such as Java, Python, Ruby, Java Script.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.