The Payroll & Service Contract Act Compliance Manager is responsible for overseeing the payroll processes, timekeeping systems and Service Contract Act (SCA) compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage, plan, and execute timely and accurate company payroll administration and timekeeping (e.g., processing bi-weekly multi-state payroll, quarterly and annual bonus payments, payroll audits, garnishments, etc.)
• Analyze bi-weekly payrolls, conduct audits to ensure adherence to application policies and regulations, reconcile and resolve complex payroll processing and employee payroll issues to ensure smooth payroll processing and SCA compliance
• Ensure payroll reporting, garnishments, payments, leave accruals and health and welfare cash-in-lieu payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, and federal, state and IRS regulations.
• Research and interpret federal and state regulatory requirements and resolves tax, withholding, garnishment, SCA and wage/hour issues for payroll processing.
• Lead, coach, mentor and train 4-5 direct reports for growth and development opportunities in skill, knowledge and empowerment
• Maintain integrity of the financial accounting systems
• Establish internal controls, including support of SOX to ensure payroll tax payments comply with applicable federal, state and local tax and other relevant laws
• Responsible for implementing improvements or changes of procedures and/or systems to streamline or enhance existing payroll processes and policies to align with corporate objectives
• Partner with Accounting to ensure accurate reporting of payroll to the general ledger and timely completion of monthly account reconciliation; assist with external and internal audits
• Oversee year-end operational close including reconciliation, distribution of W2’s and tax filing compliance
• Facilitate resolution to complex employee and manager inquiries requiring detailed or technical knowledge, including those involving SCA compliance, payroll and timekeeping
• Develop strategic plan, lead implementation and automation of SCA compliance procedures
• Ensure all processes are documented and efficient
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
• Strong team development skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service approach to problem solving
• Strong ability to proactively partner cross-functionally
• Strong ability to analyze, thinks strategically and improve processes
• Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Ability to model flexibility and a positive attitude towards innovation and change
• Excellent written and verbal communication, and high attention to detail
• Advanced knowledge of federal and state tax, wage, Service Contract Act and related regulations
• Knowledge of HR Payroll systems including enhancements, upgrades and implementations
• Demonstrated skill with payroll data analytics to audit processes, monitor work performance and trends
• Experience with vendor management and payroll processing systems
• Advanced MS Office skills, especially Excel
Education and/or Experience: (includes certificate & licenses)
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related field from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education
• At least 5 years’ experience leading/managing a team preferably in HR, Finance or Payroll
• Experience with Ultimate Software and Kronos Workforce Central or Dimensions preferred
• CPP or CPM certification is highly desired
This job description supersedes all prior job descriptions and is intended to describe the general content and essential requirements for the position listed above. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of requirements, duties and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to add or change the duties of this position as required at any time.
QTC Management Inc. is a VEVRAA Federal contractor and an Equal Opportunity Employer. The company has an ongoing commitment to affirmative action and the creation of a workplace free of discrimination, harassment and retaliation. The company recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals in all job titles without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, people with disabilities protected under law, and protected veteran status.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.