Do you like developing new experiment delivery of software programs?
Well at Leidos in our Innovation Center (LInC) you can do just that as our latest Software Engineer to work at our Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL) customer site on Wright-Patterson AFB, OH. You are dedicated and a talented Software Engineer wanting to work as part of a leading-edge research and engineering, design and development team. Leidos seeks mission and team-oriented individuals who enjoy working as an individual contributor in highly collaborative teams. If this is you, keep reading!
Your day to day on the job:
- Support efforts to develop software programs in the context of human performance and learning research for Readiness and Human-Machine Teaming.
- Develop new experiment delivery software, synthetic task environments, and data capture capabilities for basic and applied human subjects research.
- Learn new programming languages to meet software development goals
Work as a Software Engineer in a high performing research and development team.
- Work on an agile team with other developers completing projects.
- Work closely with Cognitive Scientists and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure that we are on track for project requirements and be flexible in case those requirements change.
- Test and merge code in other teammates’ projects, as well as give ideas/ inputs for improve systems.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the team. Interact appropriately with others to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Develop, test, deploy, maintain, improve synthetic task environments, desktop and mobile-based experiment delivery software, and data capture capabilities.
This is you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Cognitive Science, or related technical field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Master’s with 2+ years of prior relevant experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a Top-Secret clearance.
- Familiarity or experience with computational/mathematical/theoretical models of cognitive processing.
You will wow us even more if you have these:
- Experience modeling fatigue, sustained attention, and/or cognitive workload.
- Knowledge of various Air Force relevant domains (e.g., air, cyber, space, etc.).
- Experience working and developing in research environments.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.