The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation has an opening for an IT Manager to support a large healthcare contract in Baltimore.
The IT Cloud Manager is responsible for delivering a robust data warehousing solution for the federal government and overseeing of Application and System Administrators to implement the program’s cloud strategy
- Develops annual IT plan and monitors project milestones and deliverables from inception through completion using CMMI L4 and EVM processes
- Leads design and implementation of creative solutions that improve system processes and the user experience through automation
- Manages a team of experienced professionals who exercise latitude and independence in their assignments
- Responsible for the delivery of AWS cloud solutions that provide resilient, predictable, scalable, consumable and secure cloud capabilities
- Responsible for defining cloud utilization metrics to support planning and budget processes, as well as taking proactive measures to contain costs
- Plans and coordinates all aspects of technical projects from initiation through delivery
- Develops, defines and executes project plans, project scope, activities, schedules, budgets and deliverables
- Coordinates activities and tasks among project team members, with other internal teams, the customer and partner contracting as needed to meet project goals and ensure project completion is on schedule, within budget constraints, and of the appropriate quality standards for the project scope
- Assigns and monitors work of project team, providing technical and analytical support and direction
- Interfaces with customer and partner contractors technical matters as needed.
- Manages project risks and task progress to ensure project goals (e.g., deadline, scope and quality) are achieved
- Identifies project management coordination process gaps, areas for improvement, and recommends and implements solutions
- Leads troubleshooting as well as system and performance tuning efforts in production and development environments
- Supports the Development and Testing teams as necessary, as well as evaluates and recommends new products to meet their needs
- Leads a diverse team of employees and subcontractor personnel through direct and indirect reporting structures across multiple functional areas and geographic locations
- Collaborates with enterprise stakeholders to develop and execute a 3-year strategic roadmap, aligning the IT investments with business goals and objectives
- Acts as a Control Account Manager (CAM) EVM techniques and processes to objectively measure technical, cost, and schedule parameters in order to deliver quality deliverables on schedule and within cost
- Requires a BS degree and 8+ years relevant experience with 4 years of experience supervising or leading teams or projects. Experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- Must possess effective oral and written skills and strong analytical and problem solving capabilities
- Must be a team player able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and have a working knowledge of the SDLC, configuration management, and the associated processes and documentation
- Proven track record of building effective, collaborative, and high performing teams while delivering quality products
- Preferred Experience: Support of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services and delivery of Data Warehousing solutions
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.