Leidos currently has an immediate opening for an Electronics and Test Technician, supporting multiple US Navy programs located Bethesda, MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is responsible for performing electronics and test duties associated with the construction, installation and maintenance of electronic US Navy training systems. These training systems are principally shore based (both CONUS and OCONUS). Duties may include set up, calibration, testing, and/or trouble shooting of instruments, mechanical assemblies, and electrical assemblies; soldering and cable making; building computer equipment racks and cabinets; and cabling computer networks and building cables and harnesses. This position is also responsible for recognizing cable and/or hardware failures and troubleshooting and repair of those failures. This position will also operate drill presses or other machine tools to fabricate parts; and assist with packing and shipping activities for large trainer deliveries.
This position also assists the warehouse manager with the receipt of new hardware; logging hardware into the inventory control system; inventory control of all incoming/outgoing hardware and ensure that all hardware is properly logged as to its final disposition. This position requires good organization skills, and the ability to apply this skill to ensure that our warehouse area is maintained in a professional and functional condition.
A significant amount of travel may be required to trainer sites and will account for up to 20% of the job.
AA degree in electronic technology or equivalent. Experience as a Navy ET, ST or FT may be substituted for the education requirement.
• Must have 3+ years of applicable experience and be able to demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position.
• Must be able to work with minimal supervision and work well under deadlines, frequently with quick turnaround.
• Proficient with desktop computing platforms (PCs) and applications (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel) is required.
• Experience with Linux
• Experience with Atlassian Products
• Previous Navy (or other service) experience
• Autocad or Visio experience
• Knowledge of audio systems
• Experience operating and maintaining secure IT systems