Leidos is seeking Senior System Administrator to support a large enterprise IT contract for the DOD. The System Administrator will support operations across multiple geographic locations. The System Administrator provides systems and software operations and maintenance support in a large, multi-enclave enterprise environment. This administrator will maintain the Next Generation Desktop Environment (NGDE) based on ForcePoint’s Trusted Thin Client system. They will maintain the Distribution Consoles, clusters, and other back-end components for a multi-level thin client solution as well as troubleshoot connectivity for customers from thin clients, through systems, and to multiple disparate enclaves. This individual will work in a team environment to ensure mission needs are met and ensure functionality of capabilities of customers.
- Individuals in this role may be required to remotely log into the end users' endpoint (desktops and/or servers) in order to perform technical software configuration, rebooting, and other remedial actions.
- Provide support implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance support. Rapidly distinguish isolated user problems.
- Maintain the NGDE thin client back-end infrastructure and provide customer support for thin clients, Distribution Consoles, NGDE profiles, license files, routes and session connections.
- Coordinate with customers and stakeholders to collect data, conduct analysis, develop, and implement solutions associated with incident tickets and requirements.
- Establish comprehensive availability and capacity management solution using lessons learned
- Develop solutions to technical issues.
- Provide follow-up reports (technical findings, feedback, resolution steps taken) for root cause analysis, engineering technical assessment and process improvement initiatives.
- Support customer requirements in a 24/7/365 mission environment.
- Update operations and maintenance documentation for 24/7/365 IT Operations Center watch personnel.
- Experience with interacting with customers to handle service inquiries and problems.
- Experience working as a Tier 2/3 system administrator: familiar with using desktop software applications such as web browsing and client software, and IT Service Management software.
- Knowledge of IC IT standards and best practices.
- Experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment.
- Extensive experience with ForcePoint’s Trusted Thin Client (TTC) system or similar Multi-level Security (MLS) systems
- Extensive experience managing Distribution Consoles (DCs) in multiple cluster configurations
- Experience managing license files to add/remove thin clients
- Experience managing routes within clusters for remote users and new capabilities
- Extensive experience troubleshooting connectivity issues between thin clients and DCs and DCs and separate domain resources
- Experience implementing system patches and upgrades with minimal downtime to customers
- Experience with log reviews, incident analysis, and identification of issue trends
- Ability to manage time effectively
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Track record of working effectively within a team, and support to peers toward improved processes and results.
- Experience with support ticket management systems using Service Now
- Candidate must, at a minimum, meet DoD 8570.11- IAT Level II certification requirements (currently Security+ CE, CCNA-Security, GSEC, or SSCP).
- Candidate must have a BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizenship is required.
- TS/SCI with Poly required for Position or TS/SCI and willingness to get a poly.
- ITIL Foundation certification
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.