Ideally, the candidate will be local to the Maryland area. We will need the chosen candidate to be onsite from time to time.
The Defense Group of Leidos is seeking a Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) Lead to support a critical modernization effort of the Advanced Field Artillery Tactical Data System (AFATDS) in order to satisfy the vision of Program Executive Office (PEO) Command Control Communications - Tactical (C3T) and Project Manager Mission Command. This leader will oversee the Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) environment to develop system-of-systems requirements via system/component analysis. This person will interface with all stakeholders to define Digital Engineering processes, while leading a small geographically distributed team of System Engineers.
The AFATDS is a multi-service, automated command, coordination, communication, and computing system that provides automated fire support and coordination to all echelons, from firing unit through theater level, at Army, Marine Corps, Naval Firing Platforms, Navy Command and Amphibious Assault Ships, Air Force Operations Centers, and Joint Command and Control Centers. AFATDS enables the automatic application of the Force Commander’s guidance in the Fires Warfighting Function to plan, execute, and deliver effects at all levels of command within the current and future force. AFATDS can automatically tailor the selection of fire support assets (field artillery, mortars, close air support, naval gunfire, attack helicopters, and offensive electronic warfare assets) based on the Commander’s guidance, thereby enabling maximum effective use of all available fire support assets across the full spectrum of conflict.
This effort is to meet the government’s objective to modernize the underlying AFATDS architecture, redesign the AFATDS front-end and integrate common services made available through the Army’s Common Operating Environment (COE), including embedded training technologies to aid in operator-initiated system instruction and refresher training.
- Responsible for using MBSE tools (i.e., Rhapsody, MagicDraw, Cameo EA) and techniques to support requirements development, system design, and development of system use cases.
- Develop and maintain models using Unified Modeling Language (UML), Systems Modeling Language (SysML), and/or Unified Profile for DoDAF/MODAF (UPDM).
- Develop system models and create system representations using data architectures and data models to facilitate interoperability and implement and manage system architectures in the MBSE environment.
- Provides oversight and leadership to several members of a multi-discipline team of engineers in the execution of these tasks.
- Participate and lead discussions at customer meetings, working groups, and technical exchange meetings associated with the work being performed on the project.
- Ensure MBSE commonality across all models and programs.
- Share MBSE best practices, lessons learned and serve as an MBSE mentor.
- Assist in the development of proposals for new business that will implement MBSE.
- BA or BS degree in a technical discipline.
- 5 years of related Systems Engineering experience on complex systems, and DoD programs.
- Active Secret Clearance.
- Highly organized.
- Knowledge and understanding of UML/SysML and MBSE tools such as Rhapsody, MagicDraw, and/or Cameo Enterprise Architect.
- Knowledge of DoD architectures, requirements development, verification, test, and system integration to accommodate End-to-End Systems Engineering.
- Understanding of system interface requirements and requirements management.
- Knowledge Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE)/Digital Engineering (DE) to develop a modular open system architecture (MOSA) for DoD systems (Desired).
- Dynamic Object-Oriented Requirements System (DOORS) System Administration (Desired).
- Experience with Agile or Waterfall development methodologies.
Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.