Leidos has an opening for a Systems Engineer in support of the MARCENT Service Desk in Tampa, FL.
Seeking a Systems and Network Engineer to support the MARCENT Service Desk which includes troubleshooting and resolving operating systems, network and security issues and provide direct executive communications support to directorate AC/S, deputies and VIPs. Utilize enterprise service desk to submit and maintain status of service request, work order and ticket queues. Assist in managing the internal IT support coordinator (ISC) program to include training individual section’s ISCs.
The Position will involve SME level understanding of operating systems, administer network, storage, and voice/video service management hardware and software.
- Participate in software and hardware investigations resulting from issues identified in reported trouble calls during the transition period.
- Provide Technical Assistance (TA) reports for all support provided to MARCENT Service Desk Customers.
- As the subject matter expert, administer network, storage, and voice/video service management hardware and software.
- Participate in Marine Corps working groups to determine Service wide end user device configurations and deployment schedules.
- Provide installation support
- Draft and submit for review, MARFOR level end user device policies that will affect the entire area of responsibility.
- Draft, review, update or amend end user support policies with tactics, techniques and procedures for AOR.
- Plan and execute local deployments of the resultant policies from USMC Working Group.
- Work as a "generalist" on a team responsible for development and integration of current and future MARCENT system builds.
- Provide end-user hardware support
- Proficient in Microsoft core architectures including Active Directory, Exchange and Microsoft Clustering Services, Azure and Office 365 migrations.
- In-depth knowledge and experience deploying multiple Virtualization technologies, including Microsoft’s Hyper-V, Microsoft Virtual Server, VMWare ESX, and VMWare Server.
- Must be familiar with firewalls and their services and security.
- Must be familiar with Cisco networking technologies and configuration.
- Must meet DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+ preferred).
- Must have Secret security clearance.
- HS graduate.
- Minimum 4 years in experience.
- Eligible for TS/SCI security clearance.
- Previous service desk experience.
- 2 years experience in military environment.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment with other highly skilled individuals.
- Basic networking experience and Intel operations (IPL, CGS, JMPS, CVIC systems)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- IAT II qualified in accordance with DoD 8570.1m
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.