Cyberspace Vulnerability Management Analyst
Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Your greatest work is ahead!
We are in search of a Cyberspace Vulnerability Management Analyst to support Joint Force Headquarters DODIN in support of the GSM-O II contract onsite at Fort Meade, MD. As a core team member, you support the management and execution of a government led vulnerability program.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The Leidos Defense Group provides a diverse portfolio of systems, solutions, and services covering land, sea, air, space, and cyberspace for customers worldwide. Solutions for Defense include enterprise and mission IT, large-scale intelligence systems, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, logistics, training, and intelligence analysis and operations support. Our team is solving the world’s toughest security challenges for customers with “can’t fail” missions. To explore and learn more, click here!
The GSM-O II Program provides network operations and cyber defense support to the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) in support of the DoD and COCOMs . It also includes support to other key tasks for DISA, including the transformation of DISA’s operational mission through innovation and support to DISA’s mission partners.
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Individual is responsible for analyzing newly issued unanalyzed vulnerabilities, determine risk to DoD Information systems of vulnerability based upon knowledge and experience with Information Systems.
- Determine risk and security posture of DOD Information Systems based upon analysis of Combatant Command, Service Cyber Components, Agencies, and Field Activity reported patch compliance and compliance reporting.
- Provide recommendation to Commander, Joint Force Headquarters DoDIN on changes to Cyber Protection Condition (CPCON) for the whole of Department of Defense Information Systems based upon risks associated with analyzed vulnerabilities.
- Establishing communications with vendors for the release of newly identified vulnerabilities and to ensure they understand the specialized requirements of DoD information systems.
- Leveraging a specialized understanding of vendor products and fixing actions to develop mitigation orders for the identified vulnerabilities.
- Compiling daily, weekly, and annual vulnerability metrics associated with affected and non-affected DoD products.
- Utilizing tracking tools to upload information for DoD component consumption and vulnerability compliance tracking.
- Creating situational awareness products to provide DoD components with detailed information related to vulnerabilities and appropriate mitigation strategies.
- Providing notification of potential threats by tracking vulnerabilities and exploits, propagation of worms and viruses as they migrate throughout DoD and globally.
- Developing, documenting, and conveying IAVM operational requirements to enhance capabilities to identify, track, and remediate system and network vulnerabilities as well as for a real-time patch management capability.
- Managing/generating reports, reviewing/approving Plans of Actions and Milestones (POA&M), Operational Impact Statements and Information Assurance Vulnerability Alert (IAVA) compliance.
- Supporting the development, and accurate inclusion of vulnerability directives into JFHQ-DODIN orders.
- Monitoring the progress of internal and external organizations to ensure IAVM operational requirements are fulfilled for Government review.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Bachelor's degree in a related discipline with 8 years of related experience; additional related years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance and eligible for polygraph
- Security+ or equivalent DOD 8570 IAT Level II certification
- Technical understanding in some of the following areas: network communication using TCP/IP protocols, basic system administration, basic understanding of malware (malware communication installation, or malware types), or intermediate knowledge of computer network defense operations (proxy, firewall, IDS/IPS, router/switch, or open source information collection)
- Working knowledge of threat and vulnerability analysis, routing protocols, routing, intrusion detection systems, intrusion protection systems, Domain Name Service, or network traffic analysis.
- Critical/logical thinking skills
- Advanced communications and presentations skills (verbal and written) enabling precise conveyance of information across all CC/S/A/FA with command and proper enunciation of the English language
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Education:
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.