LEIDOS is currently searching for a motivated and adaptable individual to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMS Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of a modernized EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.5 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The DHMSM Systems Engineering - Systems Modeler will be a key contributor in the effort to create highly integrated and complex system models for the effort which will enable optimization of engineering and integration processes in support of existing and new capabilities within the EHR system of systems from a DHMSM system perspective. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Modeling Lead, and other team members to accomplish program goals and meet requirements.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide systems engineering and integration rigor and analysis of a highly complex system of systems through functional systems analysis, design, and integration.
- Advise on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Mentor and coach technical staff. Provide recommendations about additional staffing needs of the program.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- BS degree and 12 years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizenship required – must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance, per contract requirements
- Demonstrated expertise in Systems Engineering (SE), including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Software Engineering Principles
- Software Architecture and Design
- Network Architectures & Design
- UML/SysML MBSE Cameo System Modeler
- Understanding of Interface Control Documentation (ICD)
- Networking and Inter-process Communications and Methods
- Networking using standard health industry methods (HL7, PACS, rest interface, etc.)
- Working Independent and Part of a Team
- Experience with Monte Carlo and other types of simulations
- Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with baseline change control processes
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Experience with modelling tools such as Cameo
- Cameo Collaborator for Teamwork Cloud
- YANG/ NEMO/ Nomagic Networking Policy
- Cisco Modelling Lab
- Web Publisher 2.0/ Java-Doc
- Broad understanding of systems, systems of systems, and large deployed systems.
- Experience with EHR system interface configuration, implementation, and operation
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including databases
- Familiarity with DoD and/or other government agencies and methods
- Experience with Cerner solutions, Dentrix Enterprise, and Rhapsody
- Experience with medical and/or dental record integration or transition
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.