UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL!
At Leidos UK & Europe, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
We are looking for someone to work within a central government programme which is fast paced, innovative and going through the way they provide services to their customers. We are looking for someone to lead the Linux Engineering element of the team working with their other domain counterparts to move the existing hosted solution into the cloud, this per will have a passion for all things Linux and have experience in moving to a hybrid or fully cloud platform. You will ideally have an Operational Support services background with experience in cloud hosted and privately hosted environments. As a core member of the infrastructure team, you will provide remote and on-site support with the expectation of levels of travel within Farnborough, Portsmouth, or Andover areas. There is also an opportunity to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service team when required. You will also provide technical exposure variance across both outcomes-based project activities and Operational (Business as Usual) support activities. A keen interest or experience in supporting environments operating under DevOps methodologies would be advantageous.
You will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer expectations. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Your role will include
- Be a member of the project technical leadership, taking ownership of the Linux integration, and support elements of the solution.
- Analyse, develop, and implement configurations and solutions based on requirements whilst adhering to Engineering governance and best practice.
- Create and maintain documentation for installations, changes, and upgrades.
- Train less experienced engineers on updates and new installations.
- Perform troubleshooting, incident response, and patching in a timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems in timely and accurate manner to improve application performance and functionality.
- Evaluate system architecture and make recommendations as required.
- Develop and implement standard processes and procedures for installation, maintenance, and enhancement of applications.
- Act as a SME to drive continuous improvements.
- Collaborating with and influencing colleagues, internal stakeholders, and 3rd party suppliers, ensuring timely delivery of solutions which support the business.
- Help transform the systems to be operational in AWS cloud.
- Be aware of the future pipeline and keep yourself current in the latest technologies.
- Experience of build and administration of Red Hat Linux environments ·
- Experience building and managing Red Hat Virtualization (RHV)-hosted infrastructures.
- Experience of using configuration management tooling such as Git.
- Ability to write low level design documents.
- Experience of working with or implementing CI/CD infrastructure pipelines.
- Demonstrable experience of designing and implementing solutions using Puppet or Ansible.
- Ability to expand on a given goal with a documented delivery approach.
- Experience delivering solution implementation in line with provided high level design documentation.
- Aptitude and motivation for continued learning and expansion of skills.
- Knowledge of ITIL and Service Management.
- Experience of working with the Atlassian toolset (e.g., Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, Bamboo).
- Experience of RHEL management with Satellite. Should include automation/orchestration experience using Puppet.
- Experience with shell scripting.
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud.
- Experience in deploying third party and Cloud native services, leveraging PaaS services to deliver best practice monitoring and management.
- Demonstrable experience of working in a DevOps environment
- Experience of applying security to all workloads.
- Demonstrable experience of automating deployment and configuration of COTS software and promoting deployments through multiple environments.
- Experience of working in an Agile environment, such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Due to the nature of the project, this role will require having or obtaining an SC clearance
What do we do for you?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops, and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays, and a cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.