Leidos currently has an immediate opening for a Lead Engineer, supporting multiple US Navy Surveillance Trainer programs, located in Bethesda MD. Leidos’ High Fidelity Simulation Business Area is responsible for architecting and implementing large-scale System of Systems solutions in support of world class simulation, training, and analysis products for the US Navy. You will get to work with state-of-the art technology developing the most sophisticated and “game changing” trainers the US Navy deploys. You will be part of a brilliant team, in a constant learning environment, on a long running program, performing work that has a major impact, with access to additional pay options. This position requires US citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance.
This position is responsible for leading a team of engineers in the design, development, and installation of computer based US Navy Training systems. Systems are composed of state of the art COTS equipment. System development will include designing, specifying, unit testing, component integration, overall system integration testing, and verification and validation testing. The duties of this position include:
• Work across the DevSecOps development lifecycle of the training systems that we design, develop, integrate, and install at Naval sites around the nation
• Be part of the team responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding Linux based training systems
• Perform systems requirements analysis
• Take part in trade studies
• Be involved with the development of multi-processor Linux system network boot concepts
• Provide technical leadership and first level supervision and management for a small team of experienced technicians
A significant amount of travel may be required to trainer sites and will account for up to 10% of the job.
Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science, Math or the Sciences, Network Engineering, Systems Software, or a related technical degree. Candidate must be 8570.1-M / DoD 8140 compliant with certifications of Security+, SSCP, or CISSP as well as Linux+, RHCE, Network+, or CCNA (or better).
• Must have 8+ years of relevant work experience
• Must have past experience with, and demonstrate the skills and capabilities to successfully execute the duties and responsibilities of this position
• Must have demonstrable expertise with the Linux operating system (Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS)
• Proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems.
• Ability to obtain a DOD Secret clearance
• Experience with Atlassian Products, such as JIRA, Confluence, and Bitbucket
• Experience in a DevSecOps environment
• DoD 8570 IAT II compliance (CCNA, Sec+ for example)
External Referral Eligible
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.