The Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Administrator in our Bellevue NE office. This position reports directly to the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM) and is an exciting opportunity to use your experience providing advanced computing solutions in a heterogeneous environment. We use a wide array of Windows and Linux systems in a tightly integrated environment with a focus on security and high performance computing. If you want to work in a diverse environment that allows you to get into every aspect of supporting complex computing systems this is a great opportunity!
- Configuration, setup and maintenance of numerous air-gapped Information Systems (IS) and networks
- Verify and maintain security configuration of the multiple Information Systems
- Manage daily break/fix scenarios, updates, backups, monitoring and user management
- Secure and maintain all components IAW established Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIG) and customer directives
- Patch and anti-virus definition management
- Hardware troubleshooting (COTS PC, printer, networks, and encryption hardware)
- Monitor customer request and tasking to ensure requirements are addressed in a timely manner according to priority
- Strong desire to adhere to best practices and provide the highest quality of service and support
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance
- Understanding of computer network concepts (network hardware, cable management, IP address management)
- Experience in the design, implementation, and sustainment of Virtualized Machine (VM) architecture
- Understanding of Special Access Program (SAP) Information Systems (IS) requirements
- Experience with system configuration and apply security controls under Risk Management Framework
- Experience with IS implementation as defined in the Joint Special Access Program Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- Understanding of DevOps best practices and system development lifecycle automation
- DoD 8570 compliant IA certification for IAT II
- Documented Computing Environment (CE) training
- Strong working knowledge of Windows or Linux operating systems
- Must be eligible for Special Access Programs
- Excellent customer service skills and clear communications both written and oral
- Comfortable working in an environment without immediate supervision
- Understanding of Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) standards as defined in ICD-705
- Bachelors’ degree and 4 - 8 years of experience
- Hands on experience with VMWare ESXi architecture
- Experience in Kubernetes and other DevOps container management methodologies and automation
- Current experience supporting Special Access Program (SAP) Information Systems (IS)
- Detailed experience with the Risk Management Framework
- Experience with NIST 800-53
- Advanced DoDI 8570 certification (CISSP preferred)
- Shell Scripting
- Windows or Linux Certifications
- In-depth Hardware Experience
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.