The Leidos Spatial Solutions Division is looking for an experienced Cloud Configuration Management Specialist to assist with contributing to testing, development, and operations of cloud environments for a government customer. This role will support a full range of configuration management activities, including requirements analysis, gold copy documentation and configuration development and storage, Engineering Review activities, and special projects that will require individual ownership of program level design implementations. Amazon Web Services and other tools will also be utilized to implement machine tagging and configuration.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Develop knowledge of the program's functional capabilities including system and derived requirements. Understand how individual components effect the requirements.
- Understanding of the requirements gathering process and how to onboard new customers or functionality.
- Collaborate with team leads to plan and manage requirements
- Manage system requirements to achieve epic goals
- Update systems engineering artifacts including but not limited to: ConOps, Requirements Analysis, User Guides, and System View.
- Understand and interpret system requirements to ensure procedures satisfy verification of the functionality
- Machine configuration and tagging within AWS. Managing SSM to track installed software on machines.
- Guide technical development and projects within the Configuration Management Team.
- Proactive self-starter demonstrating a positive, willing attitude and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Organizational Skills: Can plan and prioritize work. Follows tasks to their logical conclusion and makes sure that everything has been done to the right standard. Good attention to detail.
- Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and efficiently to team members and clients, verbally and in writing. Able to present ideas in a variety of ways depending upon audience and context.
- Familiar with Amazon Web Services (S3 Buckets, EC2, Reserved Instances, etc.)
- Familiar with System Engineering documentation creation (VDDs, diagrams, etc.)
- Team Collaboration tools (Jira, Confluence, RocketChat)
- Experience with Engineering Review Boards and Change Management
- Must possess and maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- 8570 compliant (Security+ certified)
- Requires BS/BA in Engineering (or a related discipline) and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience; OR 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Experience with cloud-based architectures
- Familiar with cross domain architectures at various levels
- Experience with Amazon Web Services technical performance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.