Leidos has an opportunity for an Infrastructure/Integration Engineer working at the Navy’s location at San Diego, CA/Point Loma, CA to join our team. You will be joining an existing team that is successfully delivering for our customers and will employ your talents to continue to solve key problems of national importance.
Leidos offers a collaborative culture and support for your career goals and growth. This position provides an optional 9/80 work schedule and relocation assistance is available for well-qualified candidates motivated to grow their career in San Diego. You must have an active DoD TS/SCI security clearance to be considered for this position.
In this role, you will:
- Receive and evaluate software applications and work with the Infrastructure/Integration Team to define and create representative deployment environments.
- Work hand-in-hand with software developers to ensure successful software execution through designed test scripts and established test procedures.
- Be responsible to create new procedures and augment existing processes to verify and assess whether the software is ready to meet the Navy’s needs prior to deployment on a ship or shore based operational site.
- Have a broad range of background skills with foundations in both Windows and Linux platforms.
- Be responsible to create and/or update Ansible scripts to include the automated installation and configuration of external software applications.
- The Integration Engineer works with CM and DevOps teams and is responsible for assessing the correct target configuration for each software product and that it is reflected in the representative deployment environment prior to testing.
- Collaborate with DevOps, Infrastructure, and Test teams to define and automate system readiness checks and regression tests as well as automated test tools appropriate for the type of application being evaluated.
- Work with the Test Automation Team (TAF) to ensure any automated tests can be repackaged and reproduced in Third Party provider environments giving providers an opportunity to detect and correct failures before making a delivery.
- Provide recommendations on architecture, APIs and software packaging for use by the program office to be distributed to application providers for improving the integration of future iterations of software deliveries.
- Requires an active DoD TS/SCI; must be “SCI Eligible” in DISS security clearance with a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI)
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in Systems Integration, Software Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2+ years of prior relevant experience
- Must be minimum CSWF IAT 2 eligible i.e., requires a Security cert (typically Security+ or a CISSP) and an OS cert (typically Linux, but windows will suffice with sufficient Linux experience).
- Must be able to work with little to no direction to support integration and specific Application Integration - System Integration Test (AI SIT) events. More specifically, looking for:
- 2+ Years of hosting and deploying Virtual Machines on servers with Experience (VMware, Ansible, and Terraform).
- 3+ Years of Integration and Deployment experience.
- Experience with Linux (specifically RHEL) and Windows System Administration.
- Experience with GIT versioning tool.
- Experience with Linux and PowerShell scripting.
- Experience with networking and firewalls.
- Must have experience in writing detailed installation, configuration and system administration guides.
- Experience with Confluence / JIRA for documentation and ticket tracking.
- Basic understanding of Active Directory and working with Windows Domain Controllers.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills and will be required to have contact with both a project technical lead and be able to take direction from our Navy government lead.
- Ability to be proactive and voice opinions when identifying issues/concerns.
- Background supporting Navy applications and programs.
- Experience with one or more of the following programs: DCGS-N Inc. 1 or Inc 2, CANES and/or ACS. Knowledge, experience with the following applications: GALE, FADE, SPOTR, TMDS, WasP, GCCS-J (MIDB), iSToRE/GXP Xplorer, SOCET GXP, Radiant Mercury and other supporting C4ISR common products. Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Experience working with VMware vSphere and Amazon Web Service (AWS) based deployments.
- Working knowledge of Information Assurance and Certification & Accreditation requirements as well as facility security requirements provided by SSC-PAC. Prior work as a software engineer is a plus.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.