Looking for an exciting new step in your IT career?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) has an exciting COMSEC Custodian opportunity working onsite at our customer’s office located in Washington, D.C.
An experienced COMSEC Custodian/NSSP Support Technician to support an agency’s NSSP/COMSEC programs that manage departments access to Classified National Security Information and Emergency Communications Services.
• Provide scheduled reporting on COMSEC and NSSP inventories, incidents, and related problem management
• Respond to COMSEC User request for technical support
• Perform departmental wide COMSEC semi-annual inventories and process incoming/outgoing COMSEC shipments
• Operate the KMI system and maintain internal customer secure communication device tracking database
• Coordinate security clearance verifications
• Provide COMSEC Training / Briefings to COMSEC Users and assist users with utilizing secure communications conference rooms / secure video teleconference platforms / secure audio telecommunication systems.
• Conduct Periodic Testing of Secure Communications Systems and providing preventative Maintenance.
• Participate in Communications Exercises and COOP activities.
• Assist clients with specialized needs and supporting Agency’s access to the State Message Archival Retrieval Tool (SMART) System.
• Assist with the operation and management of HSDN PKI Program to include performing in the role of “Trusted Agent”, managing program user tokens, and providing user training.
• Interface with other government agencies to coordinate message deliveries.
• Must have a Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility (TS/SCI)
• 4+ years of COMSEC Management Experience
• Associates degree in Information Technology/related field or 4+ years of professional experience in IT or a related field
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Completed IAEC 2112 (NSA COMSEC Managers Course) or be required to complete within 6 months of assignment
• Completed the KMI Management Client (MGC) Operator Training Course or be required to complete within 6 months of assignment
• Familiarity with COMSEC Devices such as: KG 175D, KY 99M, KIK-30 RASKL, Secure Terminal Equipment (STE), Iridium Secure Satellite, Secure Fax Machines, VIPER Secure Telephones, and DMCC Secure Mobile Devices.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Bachelor’s degree in IT or a related field
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 47,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.