The primary mission of the United States Mint is to serve the American people by manufacturing and distributing circulating, precious metal and collectible coins and national medals, and providing security over assets entrusted to us.
Its cyber security program is one of the United States Mint’s critical needs and one of the most pressing priorities for the bureau’s Information Technology Department (ITD).
The ITD is responsible for securing not only standard information technology infrastructure, but also an Industrial Control System (ICS)/Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) infrastructure. ISD is responsible for maintaining regulations and requirements governing federal IT security, addressing the increasing frequency and sophistication of cyber-attacks, and supporting an overarching effort of continuous organizational improvement and maturity. ITD maintains a continuous monitoring policy and a heightened focus on cyber security compliance and operations.
The Leidos USMINT SOC Program has a current need for an Information Systems Security Officer. The ISSO will be responsible for creating, revising, documenting and maintaining the overall security related policies, procedures, laws and regulations; as well as creating, documenting and implementing various security plans and compliance documents to enforce Information Assurance principles. The ISSO will assist with assessment, development and implementation of programs and controls set in place to preserve the integrity and security of sensitive data and information stored and processed by various network systems. The ISSO will review client/department information security systems and recommend improvements/solutions.
- Develop, maintain and manage Security Assessment and Authorization (SA&A) packages that include System Security Plans (SSP), Contingency Plans (CP), Security Impact Analysis (SIA), POA&Ms, and other relevant security documentation for existing and new systems.
- Meet with System Owners (SO) and provide guidance to them on the security posture of the ATO status, and update security packages accordingly.
- Analyze and report vulnerability findings to SO and their technical point of contact for remediation.
- Work with systems owners and engineers to review and update POA&MS.
- Able to conduct research and present findings to stakeholders.
- Document, organize and implement security control requirements
- Identify current and new risks
- Use workflows to develop security artifacts with assessors in preparation for assessment.
- Conduct both technical and non-technical internal audits and testing to validate system and operational requirements compliance
- Prepare vulnerability test plans and coordinate the testing and result procedures
- Assess customer-based solutions and provide recommendations for any improvements to current security posture
- Ability to review and write security related policies and procedures and influence policy
- Bachelors degree and minimum of 8 years of experience as an ISSO supporting major federal information systems/applications
- Intimate knowledge for RMF and NIST 800-53 Controls
- At least 6 years of experience in one of the following areas: knowledge of current security tools, hardware/software security implementation, communication protocols or encryption techniques/tools
- Knowledge with auditing security controls and financial processes
- Superior writing, communication and critical analysis skills
- Deep understanding of Information Assurance, Information Technology and Information Management concepts, processes and procedures
- CISSP preferred, will consider ISC2 Certified Authorization Professional (CAP) or ISC2 Certified Cloud Security Professional (CCSP) certification or CompTIA Certified Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.