Are you looking for your next “great mission” professionally? Do you feel like you have more to give, want to learn new skills and be part of a team with a rewarding mission supporting our veterans? Leidos has the perfect job for you!
We are looking for an experienced Deputy Systems Engineering & Integration Lead to support a program in Vienna, VA. This position will work supporting our $4.3 billion DOD Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program, providing the modernization of Electronic Health Record (EHR) capabilities for the Department of Defense. Leidos, along with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR system that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. This is one of the most exciting, cutting-edge programs that you can be a part of with Team Leidos. Our solutions will improve the quality of healthcare for some 10 million military personnel and their families. Let talk about how good it feels when you know you are making that kind of difference!!
The DHMSM Deputy Systems Engineering & Integration Lead will work closely with the SE&I Lead to manage and lead technical teams and efforts surrounding the optimization of engineering and integration processes in support of existing and new capabilities within the EHR system of systems from a DHMSM system perspective. The candidate will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Systems Engineering & Integration Lead and the Program Manager to create strategies, plans, and processes for the rollout and sustainment of DHMSM services. The candidate will be a key liaison to the DHMSM Systems Engineering and Baseline Assistant PMs and their supporting technical teams.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Provide systems engineering and integration rigor and analysis of a highly complex system of systems through functional systems analysis, design, and integration.
- Advise on complex matters that require expert level knowledge of the subject matter for effective implementation.
- Provide leadership to engineering staff, as well as the design, development, integration and sustainment (break/fix) for system components and associated interfaces in pre- and post-deployment phases.
- Provide leadership and management of engineering teams and technical activities to stabilize system operation and ensure suitable system performance.
- Manage system integration through lifecycle engineering technical review leadership support using formal specifications, data flow diagrams, and other accepted design techniques.
- Review existing system components and assist in making refinements, reducing operating time, and improving current techniques.
- Review current status of system applications and prepare recommendations for systems improvements.
- Develop plans and requirements for complex systems related to information systems architecture, networking, telecommunications, automation, communications protocols, risk management/electronic analysis, software, lifecycle management, software development methodologies, and modeling and simulation.
- Perform functional allocation to identify required tasks and their interrelationships.
- Identify resources required for each task.
- Review existing processes and procedures for improvements and provide recommendations to LPDH and DHMSM leadership for execution.
- Regular briefings to and communication with GS-14 and GS-15 level government customers. Support to Chief Engineer briefings to SES level government customers is possible.
- Manage, lead, mentor and coach technical staff. Provide recommendations to the Chief Engineer and SE&I Lead regarding resource staffing needs of the program.
FACTORS FOR SUCCESS
- BS degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience, Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience. 7+ years of experience leading project and teams, required.
- US Citizenship required – must be able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust government security clearance, per contract requirements.
- Demonstrated expertise in systems engineering, including requirements analysis and system architecture design
- Demonstrated experience designing and implementing complex IT solutions in a large-scale enterprise
- Demonstrated experience in practical application of lifecycle engineering for IT infrastructure
- Demonstrated experience designing and modernizing complex enterprise networks and legacy IT systems
- Demonstrated experience applying System Engineering Lifecycle (SELC) processes and best practices
- Project management experience working with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), IMS, and work authorizations
- Understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with baseline change control processes
- Experience setting leadership team expectations and delegating duties appropriately, including resource/staffing needs assessment, hiring, and team management
- Demonstrated exceptional oral and written communication skills.
HOW TO STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD
- Experience with EHR system interface configuration, implementation, and operation
- Experience troubleshooting deployed IT systems, including databases
- Experience interpreting and decomposing requirements
- Experience with technical road mapping, to include deployment planning
Pay Range:Pay Range $139,750.00 - $215,000.00 - $290,250.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.