The Maritime Systems Division (MSD) of Leidos develops, integrates, and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a range of customers across the Department of Defense (DoD).
Due to our continued growth as a division and of those within, MSD currently has an opportunity for a Material Handler in Lynnwood, WA, supporting various programs and initiatives.
This position will support the life cycle of material acquisition, from receipt to deliverable, working in concert with manufacturing leads, buyers, planners, and project teammates. The successful applicant will be self-motivated, detail oriented and solution driven.
Primary responsibilities may include but not limited to:
- Receiving materials and goods, processing packing slips, scanning, labeling and routing to appropriate locations such as inspection, stores, engineer or lab(s);
- Kitting, creating picklists and processing materials in the ERP system for manufacturing orders (MO) and sales orders (SO), performing queries in the ERP system for new orders, materials on hand and reporting existing and potential material shortages.
- Shipping to include packaging kits, creating shipping labels, arranging shipments with various carriers (SEKO, UPS, FedEx) including completing all required documentation and working with planners and program leads to plan and fulfill program material needs.
- Keeping track of miscellaneous lab supplies and creating and placing orders before there is a shortage as well as monitoring and reporting on hazardous materials and monitoring expiration dates and replacing and coordinating disposal.
- Supporting calibration efforts by reporting on and alerting owners of calibrations due well in advance of expiration and obtaining quotes for calibration, preparing the associated paperwork, and ultimately shipping the equipment to cal lab.
- Performing other material handling activities such cycle counting materials, annual inventories, and scrapping and performing the associated transactions in ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning)
- Requires high school diploma or equivalent and 1 – 3 years of prior relevant experience.
- 1-3 years of relevant experience.
- Basic ERP/MRP (Material Requirements Planning) experience, performing inventory transactions, inventory reporting, etc;
- Strong understanding of material process flow as well as a working understanding of an indented Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Basic Windows navigation skills, and MS Excel and Word
- This position requires US citizenship and an active, or ability to obtain, a Secret security clearance within 6 months.
- Experience with procurement FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations) standards and experience w/ Costpoint ERP system
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.