Leidos is seeking a C++ Sustaining Software Engineer in St. Petersburg, FL., responsible for developing applications for our distributed turn-key systems. Join our multidisciplinary and expert engineering team for an exciting opportunity to work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection!
This is a hybrid position that is primarily onsite in our St Petersburg FL office but will offer the ability to work remotely 1-2 days per week. It will also require up to 20% travel, as needed.
As a Software Engineer on our diverse and collaborative team, you will work alongside our expert Scientists and Engineers, contributing to cutting edge technology with global impact on security detection. This isn’t your run-of-the-mill software development – you’ll be honing your engineering skills with embedded products, real-time programming, and object oriented design, all with the support of a management team focused on your professional growth and advancement.
Working under general supervision in a diverse team, your primary responsibility will be to develop, modify and troubleshoot multi-tiered distributed applications and systems. The duties and responsibilities may change from time to time without notice and include but are not limited to the duties described below.
- Test and debug software applications.
- Troubleshoot hardware issues.
- Optimize, identify bottlenecks, bugs, and devise solutions to problems including:
- Maintain code quality, revision control and organization.
- Analyze customer issues and identify and implement solutions.
- Participate and contribute within a defined software development process.
- Occasionally install and replace hardware parts for servers.
- Occasional travel to customer sites may be required. Travel may be domestic and international on short notice.
- Bachelor's degree with less than 2 years of relevant experience, Associates' degree with at least 2 years of relevant experience, or 4 years of relevant experience in lieu of a degree.
- Working knowledge of at least one of the following: C++, C#, Bash, Python.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Willing to travel up to 20%
- Linux Platform development
- Interfacing with hardware and real-time debugging.
- Working knowledge of C++ and OOP/OOAD
- Understanding of data structures, algorithms, and software design solutions.
- Understanding of memory management, multicore processors, and distributed systems design.
- Good working knowledge of SQL
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
Our St. Petersburg Office is a fast-paced and collaborative environment, just steps away from white sand beaches ranked #1 in US and Top 5 worldwide by TripAdvisor! We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, flexible work arrangements, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, exciting referral programs, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.