The Civil Group of Leidos has a career opportunity for a Key Account/Sales Manager to assist the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) operations in driving the profitable growth of our TSA account.
The Key Account Manager is in charge of maintaining strong relationship with SES’s key account - the Transportation & Security Administration (TSA). The Key Account Manager is in charge of leading the relationship on behalf of the business, leading capture efforts, supporting the account and driving the strategy to win large scale opportunities. This individual will be expected to collaborate with team members in BD, Engineering, Program, operational leadership, and SMEs to position SD&A for successful pursuits and account growth both in volume and profitability. Additionally, the KAM should have a strong sense of customer service, overseeing the execution of programs and service contracts, understanding the main milestones and delivery elements, reporting on it internally as well as interfacing on those with key customer leaders. Characteristics necessary for success include: business and technical vision; disciplined strategic thinking; analytical presentation and problem solving skills; the ability to gain internal support; and the ability to establish and maintain solid relationship with key stakeholders within the customers’ organization. Excellent written and oral communication skills are required.
- Building and nurturing the account
- Developing a solid and trusting relationship between TSA and SES
- Understanding the customer organization and its acquisition, deployment, and operations process
- Identify and develop key contacts with stakeholders and members of the decision-making team(s) within the TSA
- Uncover customer needs, problems and requirements
- Acting as the main communication channel between the Client and internal teams
- Developing a complete understanding of TSA current and future needs
- Drive the customization of our solution offerings to the needs and problems of TSA
- Establishing and overseeing forecasting exercise, aligning with the customers budget planning
- Lead successful captures with the internal team
- Negotiating contracts with the client and establishing a timeline of performance
- Leading customer improvement initiatives – strategic corrective actions, response to customer concerns
- Delivering the solutions and services
- Reporting on programmatic or service-related matters both internally and externally
- Collaborating with the product leaders to maximize profit by up-selling or cross-selling
- Planning and presenting reports on account progress, goals, and quarterly initiatives to share with team members, stakeholders, and possible use in future case studies
- Overseeing all client needs and deliverables according to proposed program timelines
- Analyzing client data to provide customer insights
- Assisting in resolving key customer issues and complaints
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, sales, or relevant field; 12+ years of related experience. Masters Degree preferred
- Leadership skills to develop, organize and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, ensuring execution of customer call plans to shape acquisitions in order to respond to and win business
- Extensive knowledge, experience, and demonstrated success in winning captures of large scale opportunities with the TSA and/or another large Federal Account
- Broad understanding of TSA acquisition and procurement guidelines
- Demonstrable understanding of all contract types (non-IDIQ, IDIQ - single or multiple award contracts), as well as payment types (e.g., FFP, T&M, cost plus).
- Ability to work and execute a quick reaction process for all government responses.
- Ability to influence constructively and interact at the highest levels of the corporate structure is a prerequisite.
- Excellent interpersonal, problem solving, and business acumen.
- Confidence and experience dealing with senior executives; ability to work efficiently in fast-paced, time-sensitive and often multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to travel, as necessary in support of the capture, based on negotiated work location, up to 30% per month.
- Ability to use automated tools such as Microsoft Office to present ideas, information, and reports, as well as a CRM tool (preferably SalesForce).
- The candidate must exhibit leadership traits and personal characteristics which are necessary for success.
- Key factors include: sound business judgment, keen conceptual skills, intellectual discipline, self-confidence, imagination, well-developed management skills, and the personal ambition to play a major role in the growth and success of a high technology company with a strong heritage for high quality and responsive service to its clients.\
- Ability to obtain a government security clearance.
ADDITIONAL DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ability to gain internal support, operate independently with limited supervision and feedback, and establish a solid working relationship with technical staff, division managers, and peers in the Operation and across Leidos.
- Ability to deliver and willingness to provide effective coaching, mentoring, and training of the key account management
- A proven history and bias for action and an orientation towards solving rather than solely identifying problem areas is a preferred characteristic of the ideal candidate.
Pay Range:Pay Range $113,100.00 - $174,000.00 - $234,900.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.