Leidos is seeking a Chief Mission Officer to support a 400+ FTE IC analyst support contract. The Chief Mission Officer will be responsible for providing strategic and tactical leadership to analysts and data scientists across the program, and for integrating and aligning activities across the customer Enterprise to enhance performance and gain efficiencies through process improvements and data science techniques. The Officer will focus on enabling the achievement of program objectives through the application of analytic and data science innovations. The Officer will regularly communicate with the PMO, Project Task Leads, and customers at all levels to understand and stay informed on NCTC mission priorities, and facilitate quick support responses for changing customer needs.
The Chief Mission Officer will be responsible for the integration of day-to-day analytic activities, products, and accomplishments. The Officer will make recommendations to reduce risk for the customer while moving the mission forward. The Officer will identify and prioritize recommendations for improvements and synergies throughout the contract to include working to infuse corporate innovations and best practices into the program.
This position will be part of the program senior management staff and as such will be responsible for supporting reporting and taskings internal to the PMO. This position may require the Officer to represent the PMO in senior customer or senior corporate meetings.
- BA degree and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 13+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the Intelligence Community
- Expert in field of intelligence analysis tradecraft and best practices
- Familiarity with data science techniques used to support intelligence analysts
- Leadership skills and an ability to identify and implement innovative solutions and efficiencies
- Ability to mentor and coach other professional staff
- Ability to negotiate and achieve compromises to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches to improve the customer’s mission.
- Excellent critical thinking, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex technical findings to non-technical audiences in both written and verbal formats
- Knowledge of national-level intelligence priorities with an emphasis on CT priorities
- Familiar using analytic tools for performing data manipulation, situational awareness, and data visualization
- TS/SCI Security Clearance with a Polygraph
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.