The Windows Systems Administrator role supports the design, development and deployment of products, tools and capabilities in support of a dynamic customer enterprise. The Administrator will perform System Administration tasks on a customer’s system that supports mission needs and coordination requirements. This individual will work in a team environment and coordinate with appropriate elements to effectively meet design, development, deployment, and monitoring/securing objectives
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission needs
- Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and any other required or requested deliverables.
- Use the Agile methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Rotate between O&M to Dev Ops roles as required for Agile processes
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Operating and maintaining systems in Windows
- In-depth of experience with Windows 2012/2016
- In-depth experience with Active Directory and DNS
- In-depth experience with hardening Windows environments
- Demonstrated experience with Scripting/Automation
- In-depth experience troubleshooting issues in a growing environment
- Experience with server patch management methodologies
- Familiarity working with Window’s PowerShell.
- Experience working with Jira and Confluence.
- In-depth experience working in an Agile environment
- In-depth experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Requires Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 of prior relevant experience. Additional years of work experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with a polygraph
- US Citizenship is required.
• Knowledge of AWS cloud services and the cloud ecosystem.
• Experience using ElasticSearch
• Operating and maintaining systems in Linux
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.