The Leidos, Inc. Chesapeake VA. facility is looking for an experienced Information System Security Manager to manage Assessment and Authorization (A&A) efforts for a mobile training weapons system. The ISSM will manage all A&A tasks and develop RMF artifacts related to the mobile training weapons system in effort to achieve and maintain the Authorization to Operate (ATO) from assigned Authorization Officials. The candidate will travel to various military installations with the mobile unit to ensure the unit is successfully secured and operational.
- Achieving and maintaining the Authorization to Operate for all information systems within purview
- Communicate project status, performance details and strategies of execution regarding the implementation of RMF to varying levels of personnel including the Lead ISSM, Program Managers, Divisional senior leaders and Information System Security Engineers (ISSE)s
- Development of Security Authorization Packages and corresponding SOPs
- Documenting security assessment results within applicable eMASS artifacts and security plans
- Development of Security Assessment Plans and Security Assessment Reports
- Development of Risk Assessment Reports
- Development of the Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M) document
- Development of security control implementation plans and procedures
- Development of system decommissioning plans and processes to include identification of destruction procedures for media
- Development of Information System Continuous Monitoring (ISCM) strategies
- Conduct self-inspection and ISCM reviews as needed
- Conduct new user indoctrination/ briefings for trainees
- Partner with Facility Security Officer (FSO) and supporting security staff in effort to implement compliance solutions
- Provide peer support to ISSE(s)
- Developing solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines
- Employing ingenuity and creativity to develop new technical solutions and systems in order to achieve functional objectives.
- Assisting the Lead ISSM with various A&A tasks as assigned
- Participating in program increment planning and related agile team activities.
- Communicating with and working closely with System Engineering, Test Engineering, and Integration teams to ensure that the hardware and software implementation meets the security requirements for processing classified information.
- Analyzing and assessing system implementation against multiple security compliance policies and evaluating the impact of new development.
- Developing technical solutions for security-related vulnerabilities using solid security standards and best practices.
- Evaluating, reviewing, and/or testing security-critical software.
- Evaluating security solutions to ensure they meet customer specified requirements for processing classified information
- Requires an active TS/SCI with poly to be considered
- Must have experience in system vulnerability assessments
- Familiarity with assessment and authorization processes and packages.
- The candidate must have an active Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) certification or meet DoD 8570.01-M IAM Level II designation
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with USN weapons systems
- Candidate must have experience with Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) requirements and National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Familiar with patch and vulnerability management processes and tools (e.g. Tenable Nessus).
- Familiar with patch and vulnerability management within Windows and or Linux operating systems.
- Ability to validate baseline security configurations and policies (e.g., DISA, CIS Benchmarks).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher and 8-12 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience with the AN/SQQ-89 A(V)15 Undersea Warfare Combat System suite
- Experience with the Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating system
- Experience with Cisco networking equipment
- Navy Qualified Validator experience is a plus
- Ansible experience is a plus
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.