Are you ready for your next career challenge?
In this role, the qualified individual will be expected to:
- Perform design engineering
- Lead and develop a team of engineers
- Manage scope, schedule and budget of work assigned
- Must be comfortable in both a field and office setting
- Leading preconstruction meetings with construction crews
- Review of engineering design packages for construction crews
- Performing functional tasks, planning, and/or customer follow-up
- Performing scope analysis of work assigned and maintaining schedule adherence in support of client priorities.
- Establish and develop client relationships while providing a positive influence in leading a team and collaborating with peers.
- Initiating continuous improvement to work flow processes that drives efficiency and high quality standards in client design deliverables.
What you will bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree in (Electrical, Mechanical, Civil, or Industrial)
- 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Master’s degree with 1+ years: relevant experience either working directly with an electric utility or an electric utility consulting company
- Experience with the National Electric Safety Code (NESC) and client construction standards
- Experience with BOUD or GE Smallworld, SEDS, DStar
- Experience using CAD tools
- Experience with software such as: PoleForeman, SAP, Maximo or other Job Estimating Software
It would be nice if you had:
- Fundamentals of Engineering (F.E.)
Leidos is trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to our Power Delivery Services for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within: the Top 10 T&D Firms, Top 10 Program Management Firms, and Top 20 Power Firms.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.