Leidos Engineering is currently looking for Transmission Line Engineers to join our team in Gaithersburg, VA.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment and flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Engineer in Training Certificate (EIT)
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & Non-Technical Training Opportunities
- Leadership Opportunities
- Mentorship & Training Opportunities
- Opportunity to Lead, Grow, and Inspire a Dynamic Team
In this role, you can also expect to gain:
- Continue to expand expertise on NESC
- Interface with local clients
- Continue to gain knowledge of electrical power calculations
- Interactions with other disciplines (Substation, Protection & Controls, Civil Structural, and Environmental)
- Strategic development
- Expanding a portfolio of business
- Partnering with a variety of utility clients nationwide
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
The successful candidate will work in a team atmosphere to provide technical and project support for high voltage transmission line projects, low voltage distribution projects, and other tasks, as assigned. He/she will be responsible for design and planning efforts related to power transmission and distribution physical facilities. This includes preparation of drawings specifications and reports to define the scope of work associated with the construction of power transmission and distribution lines. He/she will prepare or review structure loading drawings, environmental permitting drawings, right-of-way support drawings, transmission line hardware and structure assembly drawings, material and equipment specifications, line design parameters, and line routing; prepare project budgets, schedules and estimates; and perform analyses in association with large scale transmission and distribution (“T&D”) projects. He/she will provide construction monitoring and field technical support for power transmission and distribution projects. Responsibilities include design of transmission line systems, structural design and load tree development, drilled pier and direct embedded foundation design, permitting, detail drawing development, material development, construction package development, etc. Additionally, the successful candidate will periodically interface with clients, and will provide assistance to Project Managers.
To be considered for the following levels:
- Mid - Senior Level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of four (4) + years of specific transmission and distribution (“T&D”) projects experience.
- Lead Level: Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of eight (8) + years of specific transmission and distribution (“T&D”) projects experience.
Required Skills and Experience:
- High Proficiency with PLS-CADD and PLS-POLE
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
- Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
Desired Experience and Certificates:
- Experience with TOWER is a plus
- PE (Professional Engineer) licensed
- Experience with LPILE and/or FAD, Mathcad, AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career; share your resume with us today!
Leidos is a trusted and technology-focused solutions provider. Utilities and mobile operators rely on our Power Delivery Services Team for reliable power and telecommunication expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities, more than 160 municipals/cooperatives, as well as a growing number of mobile operators, local utility providers and private developers. In addition to providing engineering and project management services, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful Energy Delivery Solutions. Our recognition as an industry leader is confirmed by the latest national rankings by Engineering News-Record (ENR) ranking Leidos within the Top 10 T&D Firms, and Top 10 Power Firms.