The Defense Group within Leidos has an opening for a Technical Writer. The candidate will provide logistics lifecycle sustainment and maintenance management support for chemical demilitarization systems and components at Aberdeen Proving Ground – South. As part of a larger logistics and training team, the candidate will support the Recovered Chemical Materiel Directorate (RCMD) in the analysis, development, and publication of comprehensive maintenance strategies, policies, repair and parts manuals, and provide input to training products as required. The candidate will work closely with clients and contract employees to develop technical logistics products specific to chemical demilitarization and all hazards support projects.
This position will be located in Abingdon, MD.
- Update and develop comprehensive logistics and maintenance documentation in accordance with both contractor format and military standard requirements.
- Interface directly with contractor, government, and other stakeholder staff to analyze equipment systems and develop maintenance and sustainment documentation to be used by system operators.
- Daily activities will include interviews with system subject matter experts, analysis of existing maintenance and sustainment materials, analysis of part and component listings, development of maintenance and sustainment workflows and written processes, and development of graphics.
- Become a subject matter expert in customer maintenance strategies and goals and apply those to all written documentation.
- Contribute to in-process review briefings, review; comment on, and develop program-related documents, plans and reports; draft technical papers; participate in project evaluations; assist in the provision of maintenance planning for RCMD systems; respond to customer inquiries; and verify product technical quality.
- Support the Leidos program manager with monthly integrated product team meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience OR 6+ years of mechanical and writing experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interact effectively with team members, senior managers, and clients.
- A strong background in and/or understanding of complex mechanical systems that include hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Excellent data gathering and writing skills.
- Skilled in the Microsoft Office suite and related graphics tools.
- Previous experience supporting military or civilian maintenance operations.
- Experience writing maintenance operating procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Firsthand experience in chemical demilitarization and/or CBRNE customers.
- Mechanical background.
- Experience in commercial practices and technology related to the DoD logistics and sustainment industry.
- AutoCAD or SolidWorks experience.
- Experience developing maintenance manuals.
Pay Range:Pay Range $52,650.00 - $81,000.00 - $109,350.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.