Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business. Your greatest work is ahead!
The Civil Environmental & Infrastructure Portfolio at Leidos currently has an opening for an Environmental Data Analyst/Statistician in our Oak Ridge, TN, Twinsburg, OH, or Reston, VA office.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Preparing and summarizing environmental characterization data and assist in conducting environmental risk assessments and exposure modeling.
- Preparation of data may include building standardized databases in SAS or SQL Server from varied sources such as text files, Excel, Access, etc.
- Preparation of data may also include examination of the data to assure completeness and to identify statistical outliers and results that that do not conform to database specifications.
- Risk assessment activities may include working with risk assessors to select appropriate exposure parameters and receptors for risk models, calculating exposure concentrations, screening environmental concentrations against risk criteria, writing risk assessment summaries, and presenting results to project teams.
- This individual will work as directed by project teams to query requested data from databases and summarize requested data in tabular and/or graphical formats.
- The environmental data analyst/statistician may work with statisticians to apply appropriate statistics to estimate sample size requirements and to identify differences between sample populations.
- Individual must be able to write descriptions of database requirements and of steps taken to prepare and summarize databases.
- Master’s degree in statistics, data management, environmental sciences, toxicology, or a related field and 4+ years progressive experience or a BS degree with 6+ years of experience.
- Strong data management and programming skills.
- Experience programming in one or more database languages, preferably SQL, SAS, Python, C#, R, .NET, or Visual Basic and be experienced using Excel, MSWord and Access software.
- The position requires the ability to communicate technical information orally and in writing.
- Experience summarizing environmental characterization data and should understand the appropriate use of statistics for describing statistical distributions and for comparing populations of sample results.
- Experience developing statistical sampling plans to characterize populations and calculating cleanup goals from environmental exposure assumptions and toxicity data are helpful.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance is preferred.
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.