Leidos has a career opening for a Corporate EVMS Surveillance and Implementation Manager.
The position is on the Corporate Earned Value Management (EVM) Center of Excellence (COE) team leading and executing the core responsibilities of EVM and scheduling across the enterprise. The EVM COE is responsible for all aspects of planning, infrastructure and tools, implementations, training and surveillance for Leidos. The position is responsible for leading and supporting all aspects of scheduling and EVMS implementations, program support, training, tools, and surveillance functions from proposal, to preparation for award, to start-up through IBRs and continuing through the execution lifecycle.
The ideal candidate is recognized as an experienced leader who has expertise in a broad range of functional areas and disciplines; including program management, EVMS implementations and compliance, scheduling, financial disciplines (pricing, program finance, FP&A, etc.), contract management, and strong understanding of inter-company functional relationships. The ideal candidate is able to lead a team of individual contributors, program finance analysts (PFAs), schedulers, Control Account Managers (CAMs), Program Managers, and line executives. The position provides leadership and hands on support to the program EVMS support teams, CAMs, and Program Managers to improve program planning and execution while ensuring compliance with contractual requirements and company policy and procedures. As the principal EVMS Manager, the position works closely with program teams, other functions, and line managers to establish, maintain, and grow key government customer relationships and to help drive program growth and execution of the Business Plan. It is important to note that the Leidos EVMS portfolio has programs across many diverse customer environments (e.g., DoD, FAA, Intel, DHS, Healthcare), contracting scenarios (e.g., integrated subks, formal flowdown, reporting only, EVMS on FFP), and across a range of dollar values with different levels of external and internal understanding and buy-in. The ideal candidate will have various experiences across these diverse challenges.
- Responsible for the implementation of EVMS and scheduling policies.
- Supports improved proposal and implementation support by providing training and providing objective assessments of implementation adequacy.
- In coordination with the Director of Surveillance, supports internal and external surveillance, audits and reviews.
- Responsible for the evolution and execution of the EVMS training and surveillance program.
- Responsible for the development, implementation, training, and maintenance of automated EVMS processes and tools.
- Requires deep management and leadership knowledge of Program Management and EVMS to lead cross-family projects or program teams or mange across multiple disciplines.
- Responsible for supporting the organization's EVMS talent development, performance management, and business strategy.
- Supports programs in operational decisions and provides advice on enhancing the performance of the portfolio of projects in the organizations.
- Aligning and integrating Agile software practices with traditional scheduling and EVMS best practices for improved program management solutions.
- Utilizes expert domain knowledge, professional principles and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions and standards.
- Serves as a subject matter expert within professional area providing a thorough understanding of EVMS, deliverable content, issue identification/resolution, etc.
- Regularly interacts with senior executive leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project.
- Typically negotiates and develop shared solutions to convince internal and external parties to accept concepts, practices and approaches of the area.
- Significant interface with Program Managers, Contracts and Senior Technical Personnel, as well as other organizations.
- May participate in new business proposals through EVMS requirements, schedule support, and providing input for cost volumes to management.
- Typically requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 10+ years prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years prior relevant experience.
- Generally has 5+ years experience leading EVMS implementations.
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification
- Scheduling Professional (SP) certification
- Earned Value Profession (EVP) certification
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of using tools like Microsoft Project, Oracle Primavera P6, Deltek Open Plan, Deltek Cobra, Deltek Acumen Fuse, OPDEC, Steelray Project Analyzer, RiskyProject, Deltek PM Compass, Deltek wInsight, Deltek CostPoint, and other Scheduling and EVMS tools.