Leidos is seeing an experienced Business Analyst (BA) for an exciting opportunity within our Intel Community. A DTMI Business Analyst will perform a variety of activities centered on key competencies of identifying business needs and aligning strategies. The Business Analyst will combine this focus with an innate communications skill set to inform the Project Team of the Client’s needs, develop strategies to support functional and/or technical Product Owners (PO) in product delivery, and integrate requirements into workflows to ensure timely product delivery. Though experience working with technical teams developing machine learning products, database design and engineering, or cloud system architecture is desired, it is not required, as the BA filling the role will be working closely with DTMI technical teams.
- Support PO’s product delivery strategy by refining and grooming backlog stories with clear, well defined acceptance criteria that align with DTMI delivery strategy
- Evaluate the Client’s business needs to develop User Stories to further identify technical requirements supporting data migration
- Evaluate and decompose FPA’s SOPs and business needs, to identify functional and technical gaps for detailed requirements analysis
- Elicit by survey, interview, etc., the FPA analytic community to support detailed modeling of FPA analysts workflows, and to facilitate requirements-analysis and -refinement
- Establish best practices and business rules for analyst workflows, and develop technical and transitional strategies that address existing foundational intelligence business needs
- Analyze, refine, and validate functional and technical requirements for integration into DTMI machine learning products, database design, cloud architecture, and/or data modelling delivery workflows
- Integrate requirements to closely support the build, verification, application, and validation of machine learning algorithms as part of the extract, transform, and load (ETL) delivery workflow
- Integrate requirements to closely support workflows producing logical, conceptual, and physical data models that fully describe current and future data relationships
- Document validated requirements to maintain traceability, accountability, and serve as reference material for the Client
- Inform the development of the solution strategy, develop narratives and high-level models describing the Client’s current Functional Production Area (FPA) business processes
Additional duties may include:
- Identify through dialogue and feedback with the Client, unknown or latent business needs (e.g., identification of external stakeholders) that either directly or tangentially effect MIDB migration performance
- Conduct stakeholder engagements to develop trust and rapport to foster deeper understanding the Client’s stated business need of migrating the MIDB to the developing MARS Data Environment
- Support testing and quality assurance activities at every machine learning algorithm stage (i.e., build, verify, apply, validate)
- Develop internal process models to maintain the project team’s awareness of complex business process and workflow dependencies
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline with 5+ years of prior relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong communication skills across management levels and functional teams
- Experience eliciting, analyzing, and documenting requirements in support of system, business, stakeholder, and user requirements.
- Must work well in a collaborative team environment
- Experience with intelligence analysis
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Business Analysis certification from a credible Business Analytics professional association or guild
- Candidates must already possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.