The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced professional to serve as a Database Administrator in Aurora CO. This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience to support our customer’s mission. Duties will include managing complex database issues and provide solutions in a dynamic, complex, production environment. The selected candidate will be responsible for effectively interfacing with customers, system administrators, software developers, and senior-level management. They will be expected to understand data models and data architecture documents. Tasks may include applying Oracle patches and upgrading the database structure, as well as tasks in data conversion and other database-centric process improvements This is an exciting opportunity to apply your experience in a challenging and dynamic setting. This position requires an active TS/SCI security clearance with a Polygraph.
- Design, installation, configuration, administration, patching, upgrades, tuning, backup and recovery, and troubleshooting with the Oracle Enterprise Database in a UNIX environment on physical and virtual servers
- Scripting experience in MySQL.
- Performance tuning experience for both transactional and analytical workloads.
- Troubleshoot utilizing database and operating system capabilities.
- Remain up-to-date on vendor technologies and recommended best practices in a highly-available, enterprise environment.
- United States’ citizen with current TS/SCI access with a poly
- Typically requires BS degree and 8 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Experience with data migration, data replication, user administration, backup and recovery, and general DBA tasks.
- Must have at least 3 years of Oracle Database Administration experience.
- Must have at least 2 years of experience with Linux
- Must have 2 years of experience with MySQL.
- Must have good communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Must be an independent thinker capable of working proficiently independently as well as within a team.
- Knowledge in complex application integration
- AWS certifications, like associates and developer
- CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.