1901 Group at Leidos currently has an opening for a Network Engineer to support our Blacksburg Virginia Enterprise IT Operations Center. This is a great opportunity to work with an elite team of IT professionals to maintain an optimal environment for critical systems. Bring your own experience and work with our team to teach and learn while creating, maintaining, and refining the customer infrastructure.
• Integrate compute, storage, security, and cloud access into network architectures
• Work hand-in-hand with customers to refine and finalize designs
• Mentor junior staff in skill development in network engineering and design
• Work with company management developing solutions for future customer engagements, including meeting with potential customers to understand requirements and develop solutions
• Assist with the development of proposals and white papers describing potential solutions
• Troubleshoot complex network issues and assist with the development of solutions
• Perform incident analysis to determine possible cause and potential fix
• Monitor and sustain Cisco Unified Communications (UC) environments for multiple customers
• Troubleshoot escalated Cisco UC issues ranging from hardware to operating systems/applications/permissions/user profile related issues.
• Provide technical guidance and support for existing Cloud Platform in AWS and Azure.
• Work in hybrid multi-location operations team administering existing production network
• Assist in creating automation and process improvements toward greater efficiency, reduced incidents, and proactive systems management.
• Support tickets and manage incidents, service requests, and problems through their full life-cycle.
• Provide health and performance reporting and take appropriate actions based on trends in data.
• Document status updates and communicate to necessary parties.
• Document troubleshooting steps and knowledge articles for Shared Desk and Help Desk teams.
• Bachelor's degree and 4 years’ experience or an Associate’s degree and 6 years’ experience.
• Experienced with Cisco UC environments
• Familiarization with cloud technologies, specifically AWS and Azure
• Familiar with ticketing systems and the value of good documentation
• A US Citizen who can obtain a public trust clearance
• Cisco Certified CCNA
• Bachelor of Science in IT Related Field and 6+ years of experience
• Cisco Certified CCNP (Voice)
Who Are We?
1901 Group (A Leidos Company) prides itself on looking ahead of our competitors for the next wave of IT trends. We provide our employees with training and development opportunities, preparing them for upcoming technical challenges.
With primary office locations in Blacksburg and Reston, VA, our teams support customers from across the United States. Our innovative IT as-a Service delivery model is supported by industry certifications that ensure quality and efficient IT solutions.
We are transforming the delivery of IT services through the use of enterprise managed services that leverage the cloud to securely monitor, manage, and optimize complex IT environments.
The history of automation is what inspired the name of our company. 1901 was the year that another disruptive technology changed the world: the assembly line. Leveraging skills and materials in an efficient manner within a repeatable process that quadrupled output applies to IT services today.
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.