The NISC IV program at Leidos is seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work in the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Regional Office in El Segundo, CA.
The Mechanical Engineer will provide engineering support to the FAA Los Angeles Terminal Engineering Center with project management and project planning for various Air Traffic Control Tower (ATCT) and Terminal Radar Approach Control Facilities (TRACON) installation and upgrade projects, and other National Airspace System (NAS) modernization projects.
Specific duties for this position include:
- Provide expertise in all aspects of the complete project management lifecycle.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering Subject Matter expertise (SME) support by analyzing feasibility, design, planning, and installation of Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning, and Environmental Direct Digital Control Systems.
- Provide Mechanical Engineering SME support by active participation in team reviews of design and scope, and assembly of the design package. In addition, provide status reports on site project progress, status reports on schedule updates, participate in Planning and Requirements Group (PRG) matrix meetings, and guide Operational Risk Management and Safety meetings.
- Provide verified heat load calculations including: heating peak, cooling peak, ventilation and process load calculation used for system sizing, and final calculation for energy compliance.
- Analyze and review existing engineering drawings and documents and provide observations on accuracy and completeness, and recommendations for improvement.
- Provide Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) drawings using MicroStation, AutoCAD and MasterSpec in conformance with FAA standards.
- Perform and analyze system and equipment design package requirements.
- Assist in preparing Draft project scope agreements and project schedules.
- Prepare engineering risk assessments, and provide recommendations and proposals of actions or improvements to mitigate potential risks resulting from site, facility, and project/program changes.
We are seeking a talented and energetic candidate to work with the best and brightest employees around the country in creating innovative all-encompassing solutions for our programs. You will work in a fast-paced and diverse environment, enjoy flexible work arrangements, and will have a management team that encourages your career development and growth.
In this role, you will gain many intangible skills, such as time and task management, critical thinking and problem solving, the ability to communicate complicated problems in a concise manner, as well as solve complex problems using available tools.
Please Note: Must be able to work onsite in El Segundo, CA (once temporary Pandemic remote work is over or when asked to return to the office). The position is telework eligible for part of the work week with manager’s approval.
- Bachelor's degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience OR Master's degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Candidate with less experience may be considered.
- Eight years of applicable mechanical engineering experience including project management and design of building mechanical systems.
- Experience with ductless split systems, heat recovery systems, residential type split systems, furnace, direct expansion cooling coils, unitary roof top package units, variable air volume systems, air handling units, chillers, boilers, vehicle exhaust systems and other heating, cooling, ventilation, air distribution, pumping, hydronic piping, and indoor air quality systems.
- Performed and verified heat load calculations which include: heating peak, cooling peak, ventilation and process load calculation used for system sizing and final calculation for energy compliance.
- Prepared design development and construction drawings which include: initial schematic, design development and final construction drawings for plan check submittal.
- Ability to obtain and/or Maintain Public Trust security clearance.
- Familiarity with FAA and the National Airspace System (NAS) is a plus but not absolutely necessary.
- Professional Mechanical Engineer registration is a plus but not absolutely necessary.
Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges.
Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Pay Range:Pay Range $94,250.00 - $145,000.00 - $195,750.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.