At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
Come put your XR development skills into action! The Leidos Defense Group has openings for talented XR Engineers to come work in one of our state of the art Leidos Software Factories. In this role, you will join dynamic Agile software teams that are singularly focused on providing world-class solutions to our customers in an exciting, collaborative, and inclusive atmosphere. You will be intellectually challenged and provided with a tremendous opportunity for growth in a customer-facing, fast-paced, and fun environment.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot, and debug XR applications using modern XR development frameworks and open-source tools.
- Communicate effectively with clients to obtain and synthesize requirements
- Design, build, and test user interfaces and experiences for XR software deployed on a variety of XR hardware, from wearables to tablet devices.
- Work closely with program SMEs, project team, and other developers.
- Use Agile development tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, GitLab, and Git to manage work and collaborate with your teams.
- Plan and estimate development tasks and work to improve performance metrics.
- Develop maintainable code or design artifacts that matches specification.
- Continually evaluate and apply best practices to facilitate continuous improvement across teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, User-centered design, Visual and interactive design, or relevant field. Additional Experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Experience with an industry standard game engine like Unity, Unreal, or similar
- Familiarity with C# scripting.
- Familiarity with agile concepts and best practices.
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills.
- Self-starter that is able to work independently while possessing the communication skills to work effectively with software development teams and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to obtain U.S. DoD Secret security clearance.
- Familiarity with XR/AR/VR/MR SDKs like MixedRealityToolKit.
- Experience with UI wireframing tools like Axure, Adobe XD, Balsalmiq, Figma, Miro or similar.
- Knowledge of a version control system (eg. Git).
- Familiarity with 3D modeling software like Blender, Maya, 3DSMax, Inventor or similar.
- Familiarity developing Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications, particularly for wearables.
- Familiarity with developing mobile applications.
- Familiarity with using cloud services like AWS or Azure.
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
Pay Range:Pay Range $50,700.00 - $78,000.00 - $105,300.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.