Leidos’ Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) operation is seeking a motivated and talented Image Scientist to join our multidisciplinary, highly energized, and expert engineering team. Join us for an exciting opportunity to get in on the ground floor of an innovative new project, work with cutting edge technology on developing state-of-the-art products, and make global impact in airport security detection.
This position will be working as part of our image reconstruction team, providing hands-on contributions to the design, development, and sustaining of x-ray computed tomography (CT) and millimeter wave based threat detection security scanners. The Image Scientist will be responsible for conducting experiments, data analysis, and algorithm development in support of new product development and existing product enhancement.
- Conduct experiments and data analysis toward image quality verification
- Perform theoretical modeling for complex designs and proof of concept verification
- Develop algorithms that enhance image quality
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams & senior team members to define requirements and high-level design for imaging system
- Collaborate with a team of scientists, engineers, and software developers on tasks & projects
- Contribute to preliminary and critical design reviews during the product development process
- Provide technical status reports to management
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics or related field with a minimum of 2 years of prior relevant experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Experience in signal processing, image formation, and inverse problems
- Experience implementing algorithms using a scientific toolkit e.g. MATLAB
- Able to perform statistical analysis of experimental data sets
- Strong math, analytical, and technical writing skills
- Must have positive, team focused attitude and approach to work tasks
- Ability to obtain and maintain a US secret security clearance, which requires US Citizenship. We are unable to sponsor visas for this position and require applicants to be either a US citizen or a permanent resident (Green Card holder)
- Knowledge of image quality metrics typically used to characterize system performance e.g. MTF, SNR, ROC, etc.
- Experience developing imaging algorithms for medical and/or security imaging devices
- Familiarity with computed tomography or iSAR technologies
- Familiarity with AI/ML toolkits & techniques
- Experience working with object oriented code e.g. C++ or Python
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Enterprise Solutions (SES) is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers.
Check out this link to learn more about Security Enterprise Solutions (SES), formally known as Security Detection & Automation. https://www.leidos.com/markets/aviation/security-detection
Pay Range:Pay Range $74,750.00 - $115,000.00 - $155,250.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.