Leidos is seeking an entry level Energy & Transmission Markets Consultant who possesses the ability to help expand an existing consulting practice focusing on electricity market system congestion studies supporting renewable generation and transmission development. The successful candidate will participate in and eventually lead studies evaluating transmission congestion risk, LMP basis risk, energy curtailment risk, nodal price forecasting, energy asset due diligence, economic benefit, and related analysis to support power project development, transactions, and financing.
• Perform electricity market modeling and transmission congestion analysis utilizing the PROMOD market simulation model (experience not required)
• Perform energy market data research and assist in maintenance of energy market databases
• Assist Senior Project managers on client engagements and supporting ongoing client relationships
• Develop study deliverables including spreadsheets, PowerPoint summaries, and full written reports under direction of Project Manager
• Research key energy market operational processes and current issues/trends
• Support business development activities both through internal collaboration and directly with clients and prospects
• Effectively and efficiently support projects and project team members working both independently and in collaboration with other colleagues and managers
• Requires a Bachelor’s within any of the following disciplines: Engineering, Math, or Science and less than two (2) years prior relevant experience
• Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with ability to communicate project results both verbally and in writing
• Ability to effectively communicate with both clients and staff
• Proficient with MS Excel and PowerPoint
• Knowledge of and interest in electric power systems and markets
• Understanding of basic transmission system operations and nodal (LMP) price formation
• Experience with PROMOD software or other electric system modeling software
Pay Range:Pay Range $38,350.00 - $59,000.00 - $79,650.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.