Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Senior SharePoint Developer in Quantico, VA to join our Team.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport portion of NGEN-R, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will coordinate the design, development, implementation, and support of business and/or technical IT solutions encompassing multiple specializations, platforms, and technologies. Additional job duties and responsibilities include:
- Define project scope, plans and deliverables including cost projections and proposed implementation dates.
- Assist leadership in determining technical direction of the organization.
- Research, analyze, recommend and implement new technologies, standard processes, tools, and techniques.
- Create portions of IT plans based on an understanding of the customer's organizational strategic direction, technology context, and business needs.
- Coach and provide technical support to others on the application of new technologies, project management, and system development methodologies.
- Provide technical support for marketing initiatives through participation in proposals and marketing studies.
- Review other system and programming designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technologies.
- Monitor and ensure resolutions of performance issues.
- Interface with support groups on production problems, technical concerns, and financial issues.
- Research, evaluate, and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies.
- Use latest web development technologies and practices for review of customized reports and views that reduce management efforts.
- Facilitate creation of access-related work processes and provide Government insight into their personnel groups and permissions.
- Oversee development of extensible searching capability, customized reports and statistics, export features, history/event tracking system, and Microsoft SharePoint Web-part integration and Microsoft Active Directory (AD) integration.
- Operate SQL server 2008 and need knowledge of HTML, CSS, C# and Java Script.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business, or related field and a minimum of 10 years of Experience
- SharePoint Development Experience
- Use best practices in code development and documentation at an organization’s enterprise level. Manage .NET, SQL server, and ASP.NET applications.
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- IAT II certification
- Experience in Information Technology (IT) projects in a complex environment.
- Oversee creation of web-based, multi-user solutions documenting and auditing personnel training, schedules, and permissions.
- Specialized experience in disciplines such as, but not limited to, information security, privacy, and information assurance, assembly/integration, cross-discipline functions, data engineering, industry expertise, knowledge engineering, legacy evolution, or system infrastructure.