Leidos is looking to hire a Senior Communications Engineer in Quantico, VA to join our newly awarded SMIT program.
Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
Under the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) program, our eidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will evaluate communication hardware and software, as well as troubleshoot Local Area Networks/Base Area Networks/Wide Area Networks (LAN/BAN/WAN), and other network related problems. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Performs a variety of network engineering tasks, which are broad in nature and are related to the design and implementation of integrated networks, including labor, hardware, software, and support facilities and/or equipment.
- Schedule conversions and cutovers along with administering LAN/BAN/WANs.
- Coordinate the activities of Network Technicians assigned to specific network engineering projects to include all responsible users and sites.
- Troubleshoot and develop technical solutions to complex issues for the customer
- Strong understanding and in-depth knowledge of IP network/subnet addressing
- Provide near real time full spectrum situational awareness of IT services, events, incidents, and infrastructure to support vulnerability analyses.
- Plan and perform network engineering research, design, development, and other assignments in conformance with network design engineering and customer specifications.
- Ability to work with many different team members across the program to include sub-contractors and the customer.
- Support network analysis and troubleshooting using deep packet inspection with Wireshark, Sniffer or similar toolsets.
- Perform with some latitude for independent actions and decisions.
- Develop and maintain technical documents, analyses, and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business or related field and 10 years of relevant experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Specialized experience in the performance and configuration of networks as well as the integration and test of complex large-scale computer integrated networks.
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level III
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification such as a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
Pay Range:Pay Range $81,900.00 - $126,000.00 - $170,100.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.