Accounts Payable Manager
Salary Range: p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
Join a team committed to a Mission!..
We are in search of an qualified or qualified by experience, experienced Accounts Payable Manager to join our team. You will be responsible for the smooth running of AP and oversight of the full P2P process.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos Inc acquired a Security Detection and Automation business from L3 in April 2020 and are in the process of completing a migration of the acquired entities onto its main accounting platform. The combined legacy UK business and new business will have a revenue of £400m invoice and invoice volume of around 2000 invoice per month, a significant increase in volumes. The invoices will be to a range of legal entities and branches in multiple regions with a variety of tax implications.
Leading a diverse, multi sited team, we are seeking a pro-active, experienced individual to manage all aspects of AP. The core requirement is to build and sustain a quality AP team setting a high standard of output within a tight control framework.
The role will oversee multiple legal entities, six at present and will be critical in supporting the migration of legacy ledgers to the Leidos main ledger, Costpoint.
This role will report into the Senior Manager – Finance Operations and will work with a wider finance operations team covering AP, Bank and Cash, Billing, Credit card and expenses, Subcontractor time and project setup.
- Management of an onsite and offsite AP team
- Managing the performance of the direct team
- Ensuring valid, accurate and timely supplier payments
- Maintaining company-wide prompt payment targets – 95% invoice paid < 60 Days
- Providing periodic reporting and oversight of all AP transactions
- Creating and maintaining process, procedure and training documentation
- Reviewing and improving all UK P2P processes
- The individual will be expected to cover and support all aspect of the team tasks as appropriate:
- Invoice entry – system entry of invoice data
- Invoice review – review invoice documents and formats, ensure valid tax invoices
- Query resolution – follow queries through to resolution
- Monitor open AP and review payment runs
- Reconcile Supplier statements
- Reconcile AP sub ledger
- Research and resolve invoice issues
- Maintain business confidentiality
- The role may be required to support wider team tasks including:
- Auditing expenses
- Posting of journals and month end tasks
- Proven track record in a similar finance or AP role
- Understanding of VAT and tax document rules
- Understanding of basic accounting norms – double entry, general ledgers and sub-ledgers
- Great interpersonal skills and judgement for dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to communicate, negotiate and influence effectively
- Enthusiastic self-starter
- An accounting qualification – part qualified or qualified by experience
- Accounting experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Reporting and analytic tool experience
- Preference is to be located near Bedford. Homeworking an option but must have ability/flexibility to be onsite.
- Clearance to Start BPSS
- Clearance for Role BPSS
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, gym memberships, annual buy and sell holidays and a cycle to work scheme)
• Dynamic Working: https://www.leidos.com/sites/g/files/zoouby166/files/2019-11/PDF-Dynamic-Working-Leidos-UK.pdf
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 45,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $14.4 billion for the fiscal year ended December 30, 2022. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.