The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operations within Leidos’ Intelligence Group has an opening for a Vice President / Division Manager (DM). We are seeking a growth- and team-oriented proven leader to direct a $200M+ organization providing mission engineering support and solutions to a classified customer primarily located in the Columbia, MD area. The DM will report directly to the Senior Vice President/Operations Manager and will be responsible for developing and growing a culture of engineering capability and excellence, in a division of over 300 employees, and additional subcontractor resources. The DM is expected to develop and manage the relationship with current and potential customers and business partners while engaging our workforce to deliver flawless performance.
The DM will be the key leader to:
• Develop and nurture a culture of engineering capability and excellence
• Engage our employees in support of critical national security missions
• Maintain and grow an inclusive working environment
• Develop and implement strategy while building and maintaining a high performing team
• Establish plans and budgets and manage the operational, financial and technical performance of the division
• Work with the Group BD team to identify, capture, and win profitable business opportunities
• Increase base by growing organically and promoting Leidos direct labor on existing programs.
• Cultivate technical and leadership talent to enable business growth
• The DM must demonstrate highly ethical performance and behavior that is conducive to professional growth, employee engagement, and continuous staff development. The DM will work closely with other division managers, the Operations Manager, and Group staff and functional support personnel, and is expected to collaborate across the company and exhibit teamwork to contribute to division, group, sector, and enterprise success.
Performance objectives may include:
• Program execution
• Improving division and group efficiency and effectiveness
• Overseeing meeting or exceeding division and group financial objectives (to include fee, direct labor, local contribution margin, revenue, PBT, and utilization)
• Overseeing opportunities tied to division growth, and operating the division within approved indirect expense budgets
REQUIRED EDUCATION, SKILLS, and EXPERIENCE:
• Candidate must possess Bachelor’s degree and 15 or more years of increasingly complex operations assignment.
• Ten years of experience with the Intelligence Community focused on developing solutions to operations mission support activities and a deep understanding of customer business processes and future needs.
• Experience managing a complex engineering organization / effort, with responsibility for staff development, performance, product delivery, and customer relationships.
• Candidate must have the demonstrated ability to lead growth strategy and execution efforts and to collaborate with business.
• Candidate must have a strong track record of organizational leadership and business management, including strong analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills.
• Candidate must have the ability to establish a solid working relationship with customers, technical staff, managers and peers, to gain internal support and consensus.
• Candidate must be able to operate independently using solid judgment and without extensive supervision or feedback.
• Candidate must be able to collaborate with business development personnel to build existing and new business within current customers as well as adjacent markets
• Candidate must be able to motivate employees, ensure engagement, and possess outstanding verbal and written communications skills.
• Occasional travel as required
REQUIRED SECURITY CLEARANCE:
• Candidates for consideration MUST possess an active, current Top Secret/SCI clearance WITH polygraph, and the ability and willingness to maintain this clearance while holding this position.
• Master's degree in an Engineering, Technology, Management, or Business discipline or a related field is highly desired.
• Experience as a leader in a science and technology-oriented position with specific IC and National Security organizations is highly desired
Pay Range:Pay Range $210,000.00 - $280,000.00 - $350,000.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.