Leidos is a Fortune 500™ company aimed at embracing and solving some of the world’s most pressing challenges. Through science and technology, Leidos makes the world safer, healthier and more efficient.
Our Civil Group offers an array of exciting career opportunities for the best IT, energy, logistics and engineering professionals.
The Area Service Manager is a role within the SD&A Services team with a focus on Customer Experience and delivering “best in class” service. This role leads the service activities of the field service teams to execute the vision and direction of the service organization. The Area includes a specific portion of a country, and may include several states and/or territories.
• Coordinates various service activities e.g. new installations, repairs, and preventative maintenance; manages work schedules to ensure appropriate support is maintained as required.
• Manages field service teams to consistently meet or exceed performance metrics & department KPIs (response time, PM completion, call resolution and closure, mean time between critical failures, part RMA, etc).
• Responsible for driving customer satisfaction within the territory. Works closely with other Leidos functional organizations to assist in providing robust customer solutions, while providing integral feedback of customer service requirements.
• Provides leadership on and manages complex projects involving multiple technical and administrative disciplines. Drives increases in incremental revenue and identifies cost containment opportunities within the Area.
• Develops and manages critical account escalation procedures in collaboration with applicable service program manager(s).
• Monitors and manages training and development of technical staff. Mentors field service team, identifies team members’ strengths & weaknesses, visualizes development needs and works with
• Leidos training department as required. Actively manages cross-training of team and schedules accordingly.
• Manage direct report overtime, work schedules and ensures proper contract time charging
• Drive Efficiency and process improvement
• Build and maintain a culture of “ownership” of locations assigned
• Maintain stakeholder relationships at airports, government facilities and commercial customers
• Manage internally assigned department / Area Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Drive data governance within the direct team for all entries into CRM systems used in the maintaining of customer equipment
• Establish clear understanding of the workflow requirements for all field service technicians (FSTs) and to set clear expectations for accurate, real-time work order updates for TSA equipment.
• Working with the Service Operations Manager, develop and maintain staffing plan for area
• Improve reliability of equipment through proper preventive maintenance and proactive maintenance
• Works with regional “Safety Lead” to ensure that all safety protocols are adhered to.
The position requires strong leadership and interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a diverse work staff. The individual must be capable of decisive and prudent action in the absence of direct managerial guidance.
• Requires a Bachelors degree and at least 4 years of prior relevant experience in a Field Service organization. 8 years of related experience will be considered in lieu of degree.
• Computer literacy, competency in use of all programs within MS Office Suite (particularly Microsoft Excel) and aptitude for learning specialized software programs.
• A strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork.
• Timely submission of required documentation is essential.
• Must be responsive to all customer issues during non-standard work hours such as evenings, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing and able to travel at short notice
• Excellent product familiarity and demonstrated troubleshooting and repair proficiency is required.
• Must be able to pass and maintain an in-depth background check (TSA vetting)
Driven by our talented workforce, the Security Detection & Automation Operation is the cornerstone of Leidos’ comprehensive suite of fully integrated security detection and automation solutions for aviation, ports and borders, and critical infrastructure customers around the world, with more than 24,000 products deployed across 120 countries. Leidos is positioned to address emerging and evolving threats through rapid development of innovative solutions for our global customers. Leidos’ SDA Operation, in conjunction with the TSA, also performs on-call, onsite installation servicing of X- Ray Detection Equipment using leading edge technology to ensure the safety of our clients, customer and passengers.
The Security Detection and Automation Operation is comprised of four divisions to align with our customers’ missions and needs:
See how Leidos is safeguarding people and commerce by selecting the link below!
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program
Pay Range:Pay Range $72,150.00 - $111,000.00 - $149,850.00