Are you ready to make an impact?..
Are you a Senior Infrastructure Engineer interested in new technology and trends with a strong track record in Project work and Infrastructure Support? Would you like to be part of a growing technical team? We are looking for someone with a passion for infrastructure, ideally from a project delivery background with experience in cloud hosted and privately hosted environments. The successful candidate will be self-motivated and be able to work autonomously to achieve day to day objectives with significant results on project or operational deliverables. Whilst also owning a variety of activities ensuring compliance with project milestones and customer KPI’s and SLA’s. You must be an effective communicator, comfortable directly engaging with customers and colleagues. You must also demonstrate an analytical and systematic approach to technical challenges.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams in the UK to address some of the most complex problems in defence, government, safety and security, and transportation. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
What will you be doing?
The role will provide technical exposure across both project activities and Business as Usual (BAU) support activities, as well as responding to customer requirements with technical proposals. The duties of the role will also include providing remote and on-site support. There may also be a requirement to provide out of hours on call support within a shared service
Ideally, you will:
• Hold or be eligible for SC security clearance.
• Have well established knowledge of Azure cloud platform, including automated deployment of Infrastructure, using Terraform or ARM templates.
• Have excellent knowledge of Virtualized Environments such as VMware and Hyper-V.
• Have excellent working knowledge of Office 365, including. SharePoint Online, Teams, Power Platform, Cloud App security.
• Have excellent knowledge of Windows Server Environments, from Server 2003 – 2019, including OS build, AD, DNS, DHCP and GP from design to implementation and support.
• Have general knowledge of Networking Technologies including load balancing and firewalls.
• Have general knowledge of Microsoft Stack technologies such as MS SQL, Sophos Cloud, Intune, MS Exchange & CLI tooling such as PowerShell.
• Have good understanding of certificate authority, PKI and Thales HSM.
• Have good general knowledge of SAN Storage Technologies, NetApp.
• Have excellent analysis and problem solving skills, taking ownership of complex incidents ensuring these are resolved to the satisfaction of the customer.
• Possess excellent communication skills.
• Have experience of producing and updating technical documentation to a high standard.
• Be experienced working within ITIL framework particularly around change control.
£ 57,600 - £ 73,350 p/a, with potential to increase for truly exceptional performance at assessment
What do we do for you?:
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Private Medical Insurance
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity:
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone. If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your needs.
Pay Range:Pay Range £53,900.00 - £68,800.00 - £83,600.00
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.